Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Loadmaster

Default Re: Lee Loadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    It is a rather crucial part Duane. And, with my (lack of) skills, certainly one that needs to be considered when buying a press.
    You just have to read the instructions...

The way the primers are fed is an improvement over the Pro. The Pro relies on gravity and then timing of the shell plate. On the LM there is a handle that feeds the primer.
    There are no timing issues, the timing rod is a much better design than the Pro's plastic gear and timing screw. Of the rounds I have loaded so far, not one primer has tipped or not fed and the shell plate has been very accurate.
    Also on the Pro, there is no place for tipped primers or dirt to go, it all sits in the shell plate and stuffs up the timing. On the LM, the ram is open and the carrier has holes for any primers or dirt to fall into the spent primer catcher in the ram.
    The case slider also works nicely, it's a neat design and can make you go what? when you see it in action. Also easy to set, move bolt in or out to adjust and then fine adjustments are done on the crank slider.
    I also like that the up stroke only advances the shell plate, everything happens on the down stroke.

All in all I think the LM is a very good design and Lee has improved them over the first designs. Most of the mods that the internet experts suggest have been done at the Factory. The timing rod is beveled already, the carrier is polished, the shell plate has been updated, the priming chute has been smoothed.

You just need a sturdy bench, a screw driver, a shifting spanner, some good motor oil, grease and most importantly read the instructions.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Another update on the Loadmaster...

Again the biggest problem is the idiot behind the handle...
    www.480bc.co.za

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneWessels View Post
    Another update on the Loadmaster...

Again the biggest problem is the idiot behind the handle...
    Haha! Usually is. My two year old loadmaster purrs like a kitten as long as its cleaned and lubed every couple of thousand rounds. Would like to get my hands on the new primer trays once they become available here separately. Lee is great value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

With respect to the case feeder, I have been working on 3D printed replacement 'pushers' that are more calibre specific. So far I have made a 9mm, a 223 one and a hybrid one that does 9mm and had an insert you at onto the top for 223 (no need to swap it when you switch to 223). I will try post pictures in the DIY thread when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    With respect to the case feeder, I have been working on 3D printed replacement 'pushers' that are more calibre specific. So far I have made a 9mm, a 223 one and a hybrid one that does 9mm and had an insert you at onto the top for 223 (no need to swap it when you switch to 223). I will try post pictures in the DIY thread when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    That would be interesting. So far I only load 9mmp on it and the case slider works good.
    www.480bc.co.za

User

Agreed the existing one works well for 9mm but on high narrow cases like 223 there is not enough support and the cases fall over

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

As luck would have it, I crushed the lips on mine this afternoon... Still working though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My final thoughts...

I love this machine...why did I wait so long to get one?
    www.480bc.co.za

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneWessels View Post
    My final thoughts...

I love this machine...why did I wait so long to get one?
    Yip they are awesome! love mine as well...

Only problem I have is the last 5 or so primers get stuck inside the chute somewhere. So I just make sure the primers are always topped up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Making me seriously think about getting this. Seeing as 650 is out of my budget :(. Only thing is my machines dont get tlc. They are usually dirty ^_^.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast