Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Stage round count

Is there a max number of rounds for pistol, rifle and shotgun per stage?

I want to get my belt ready with the mag holders and it seems like 2 pistol mags and one AR mag on the belt should do but how many shotgun shells are typically needed at a club match?

For a 1x optic, can I use a scope and just keep it on 1x for club shoots (I would think that the guys won't mind)?

User

Default Re: Stage round count

haha....max is dependent on how well you shoot.

Having 3 pistol mag pouches and 1 AR, which should be enough, i have a spare AR pouch in case.

I vaguely remember a 34 round shotgun stage, might have been nationals.

I am sure the other guys will be along shortly....

User

Max in the sense of if you make clean hits.

So you have 3 pistol mag carriers and 2 for rifle, how many shotgun shells do you carry?

A 34 round shotgun stage will mean I run around with a bag of ammo :)

User

If you get clean hits, 1 in the pistol, 2 pouches....1 in rifle, 1 in pouch.

I can clip the 2nd rifle pouch on if needed.

Shotgun i carry 16 on the belt, 8 in the gun and can put 6 on a Velcro side saddle.

Lol, i didnt shoot that match, but it did seem like lots of fun....

There was another thread where pdh showed his belt and there was a discussion around kit setup.

User

I did see his post and on his belt was 2 pistol mags, 1 AR mag and something like 20 shotgun shells if I rember correctly.

PDH must have a real tuff time shooting because I saw his pistol is on the wrong side of his belt :)

I've always had 3 pistol mags.... but don't ever recall needing more than 2.
    A single rifle mag carrier is necessary, as there are stages that require a mag change. I've never needed more than 1.

Shotgun is probably the hardest to figure out... I used to have 3x CCW 6 shell caddies, which used to work out fine.
    I've now upgraded to 2x 12 round quad loaders with 1x CCW 6 shell caddie for slugs/buck... I'm however finding I actually only use 1 of the 12 quad loaders and carry the 1 CCW 6 caddie as a spare (or for slugs/buck).

Bring what you have, and we'll lend you the rest on the day.

User

2 pistol mag pouches, 1 AR pouch and 16 shotshell holders is the norm. I have 2 more 8 shell quadloaders for the bigger stages or mixed shotgun ammo stages.
    Yes, we have had 2 x 36 round stage to date.

Regarding shooting 1x in Factory division. It has to be irons or a non magnified red dot/prismatic. A magnified scope puts you in Practical division.

User

Thanks dAyLiTe and Graig for sharing. If my rifle falls in practical division will I automatically compete in that division for pistol and shotgun as well?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Thanks dAyLiTe and Graig for sharing. If my rifle falls in practical division will I automatically compete in that division for pistol and shotgun as well?
    Yep

User

Quote Originally Posted by dAyLiTe View Post
    I've always had 3 pistol mags.... but don't ever recall needing more than 2.
    Unless you are a box like me and don't seat your first mag properly so it goes flying in the dirt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast