Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Default Re: BS you've heard in the gunshop

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    So, my favourite gunshop at it again:

https://mailchi.mp/vltarms/cz-pcps-500217?e=1c00d56fd3

New gun, new calibre. Must be the best...

Price is not bad either. Same as the recent specials on gen 3 Glocks.

User

I actually quite like VLT. Bummer about the mistake. Did someone care to point it out to them?

User

I have heard, at a local gun shop, a police officer in full uniform, telling the owner that he intends to buy the firearm they were looking at to license it under section 15 and use for every day carry when off duty....... The owner went to go get his copy of the FCA because they have repeatedly told me and other customers that you may NOT carry a section 15 or 16 firearm for self defense, but the police officer enjoyed the argument and did not even bother to look at the law book because he was convinced that you MAY carry section 15 and 16.....

That said, that same gun shop will sell you way more than 200 rounds on any license as long as you tell them that you are going to a range to shoot it out, not just their indoor range but ANY range, because the law says you may not store more than 200 rounds of ammo on sec 13 and 15, so as long as you intend to go shoot it out then its fine.... (according top them)

Kind of annoying how each gun shop has their own rules...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I have heard, at a local gun shop, a police officer in full uniform, telling the owner that he intends to buy the firearm they were looking at to license it under section 15 and use for every day carry when off duty....... The owner went to go get his copy of the FCA because they have repeatedly told me and other customers that you may NOT carry a section 15 or 16 firearm for self defense, but the police officer enjoyed the argument and did not even bother to look at the law book because he was convinced that you MAY carry section 15 and 16.....

That said, that same gun shop will sell you way more than 200 rounds on any license as long as you tell them that you are going to a range to shoot it out, not just their indoor range but ANY range, because the law says you may not store more than 200 rounds of ammo on sec 13 and 15, so as long as you intend to go shoot it out then its fine.... (according top them)

Kind of annoying how each gun shop has their own rules...
    Vaal Triangle. Indoor range. I know the shop. The person you mentioned always has all the answers :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Vaal Triangle. Indoor range. I know the shop. The person you mentioned always has all the answers :)
    I still support them because I try support local as much as possible

He should become a defense lawyer who specializes in the FCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Many years ago at a shop which no longer exists...............

Me: "What .30 calibre bullets do you have?"

Salesman: "No such thing...........There is 9mm Parabellum and 38 Special but no such thing as .30 calibre"

At this point the gun shop owner having heard this exchange came over and apologised for his salesman and explained to him that I was asking for rifle bullets.
    The salesman said something snarky and stormed off.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I still support them because I try support local as much as possible

He should become a defense lawyer who specializes in the FCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me also. I try to get as much as possible from the local guys. If I have time I will stay and chat - pleasant enough if you steer him in the right direction :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Me also. I try to get as much as possible from the local guys. If I have time I will stay and chat - pleasant enough if you steer him in the right direction :)
    Please share with me, I'd like to know for the next time I go to visit family there.

Not a gunshop, but this dudes giving some training on Youtube.
    Looks like a Gen 5 not a Gen 4 as the clip says. Any experts?

Banned

That is most definitely a Glock 19 GEN 5 ....! He looks a bit uncertain about things...not a real "confidence inspiring" instructor !

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast