Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: BS you've heard in the gunshop

I cannot handle/view a FA that I do not have a license for.

Stay Bladed.

User

As A-R mentioned I have heard the exact same thing!

A local dealer or a person at the dealer, has told me more than once:(Also carrying a Glock) "I don't carry one-up, its not safe and I know I can rack my slide, get one in the chamber and shoot faster than you, that carry one-up" To which I always respond "that's good"

The funny part is that the same person, sold me my G19 hahaha.

Not a gun shop, but about a week ago. I was in a shop selling fishing gear, knifes, paintball guns and CO2 pistols etc. A oldish couple and their son (son about 26-27) walked past a CO2 pistol that fires those steel BB balls. To which he tells his dad, "you rather buy this than an actual handgun as this is far superior to a FA. It shoots faster than any handgun and will penetrate much more than a FA and it cracks bones. This is much better than that 38 special you have in the safe."

I tried not to laugh, but you know when you try not to laugh and you start making those weird animal sounds through you nose/throat and the more you try to hide it, the louder it gets.... well that happened and then the embarrassing nose thing as well, where the stuff that was in there came out due to you trying to keep you laugh. So I just walked out embarrassed....

User

Visited a well renowned gun shop in JHB, looking for a Glock 19. No stock on the 19, salesman tries to sell me another brand of firearm in .40. Sells me BS that it has better stopping power.

User

At huntex this year a salesman(about 19 years old) at one of the bigger exhibitors at huntex tells a potential customer that he should rather buy the G42 instead of the G19 or G43 because he will probably never use it ever because every time a bad guy see that a victim has a gun and put up resistance, he will run like hell even if he is armed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I'm very curious now as to who it is?
    It's being said quite more often than you'd expect. I've heard it in several well-known gunshops from counter jockeys who knows very little. It's always Glocks that are unsafe, though, never the other brands. Said jockeys don't last long when I explain to them why their words are BS.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    It's being said quite more often than you'd expect. I've heard it in several well-known gunshops from counter jockeys who knows very little. It's always Glocks that are unsafe, though, never the other brands. Said jockeys don't last long when I explain to them why their words are BS.
    Oh that bit I hear all the time, Im interested in the Retailer that belongs to a GLOCK importer and who that is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Oh that bit I hear all the time, Im interested in the Retailer that belongs to a GLOCK importer and who that is.
    Ah, you want to upgrade from wielding your virtual ban-hammer to swinging an actual hammer at an idiot dissing a great product with no cause? I get it...

:P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Ah, you want to upgrade from wielding your virtual ban-hammer to swinging an actual hammer at an idiot dissing a great product with no cause? I get it...

:P
    I believe BigT may be more surprised that his employer actually owns a dealership.

In the case of the *other* Glock importer, they *are* a dealership that imports stuff directly in some cases. They also own another dealership I believe. Still they're not Glock importers per se.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    I believe BigT may be more surprised that his employer actually owns a dealership.

In the case of the *other* Glock importer, they *are* a dealership that imports stuff directly in some cases. They also own another dealership I believe. Still they're not Glock importers per se.
    If we own as many dealerships as I get told we do , I am woefully underpaid. :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    I cannot handle/view a FA that I do not have a license for.

Stay Bladed.
    They must not sell many guns

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast