Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Under the Boabab.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,903

    Default Re: A few questions on putting a suppressor on an AK

    Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Depends on the suppressor: modern designs vent the excess pressure away from the bore. If not right now, but in the very near future there will be a SA importer for Saimaa Still suppressors which have practically no back pressure. The design simply works.
    Good to know. I would dearly love to see the inside of that design.

  2. #12
    Member Quicksilver_WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Good to know. I would dearly love to see the inside of that design.
    You and me both.

    S3renity, not as yet. I doubt I'll get time from my gunsmith now until August. I'll take up the new jig required for threading the Type 56 after hunting season. It'll probably only get a brake.

    But I have since purchased a 10" M92 that I'll fit with a suppressor or combo. Have been playing e-mail tag with Sus-Tac for a while now. The yugo thread does make it a bit trickier.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: A few questions on putting a suppressor on an AK

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    You and me both.

    S3renity, not as yet. I doubt I'll get time from my gunsmith now until August. I'll take up the new jig required for threading the Type 56 after hunting season. It'll probably only get a brake.

    But I have since purchased a 10" M92 that I'll fit with a suppressor or combo. Have been playing e-mail tag with Sus-Tac for a while now. The yugo thread does make it a bit trickier.
    Ive got a gun warrior brake and suppressor on its way soon. Owner ensures me it can handle what ill do to it. Just relaxed use some double taps now and again. Suppressor will just be for fun. . . Sad because i love the 3% brake but ive been waiting for almost 6 months for the suppressors they are apparently busy creating.

    Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,974

    Default Re: A few questions on putting a suppressor on an AK

    Quote Originally Posted by s3renity View Post
    Ive got a gun warrior brake and suppressor on its way soon. Owner ensures me it can handle what ill do to it. Just relaxed use some double taps now and again. Suppressor will just be for fun. . . Sad because i love the 3% brake but ive been waiting for almost 6 months for the suppressors they are apparently busy creating.

    Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk


    Good luck waiting. I'm still waiting on feedback on my muzzle brake that did not fit on my Saiga, while various other muzzle brakes with the same threading (Western, Soviet and knockoff Chinese devices fitted).

    Its been in their hands over a year, I started trying to get them to fix it from March 2016...

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: A few questions on putting a suppressor on an AK

    Thats kak service. . Have to admit the guy is friendly when you talk to him. But yeah...if they cant deliver a service/product dont open shop or take orders.

    Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Is the over gassing an issue on the 223 Saiga as well? Weight of the moving parts should be the same as on the 7.62 but less powder should create less gas?

    On my rifle the standard muzzle brake can screw off and has a M24 X 1.5 Thread. Gideon at Hog silencers said the thread is no issue he can do it for me.

    Was thinking to rather ask him for a silencer for the 7.62 instead of 5.56 as the bigger gap should drop the pressure a bit and noise levels should still be lower than normal.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,974

    Default Re: A few questions on putting a suppressor on an AK

    Muzzle brake threading isn't always accurate enough to mount a suppressor on, just exercise caution. Suppressor threading needs to be concentric to the bore not the outside diameter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •