Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default I visited some gunshops in the Cape yesterday

and they were fantastic !

My dad went with and we tried to see as many of the them as possible. We went around to Suburban, City, Cape and Russell Stocks and they all were exceptionally good guys.

City guns do what most gunshops are willing to do but they did not for one second make us feel like they were working for us. With the amount of window shoppers going to City guns every day that is really something to look up to. They stand out because we never felt like they were peddling guns but got to see so many options that we had great info to work from. I myself got to see a Walther MR73. Any man worth showing that to must feel like a million bucks.

Suburban guns gave me the same treatment, I think the guy's name was David. He helped me to properly look at guns which I would like to MAYBE buy.

Russell looks like a very competent guy and I am kind of jealous that the man has a job that not many can do as the old guys.

Cape guns gave me as much info and a bit more on stuff that in no way has financial gain for their shop. They made effort to help me with ideas for collector status and then my father also got to share some old army stories with the good man working as their gunsmith.'

In short you guys in the Cape are very lucky.

Default Re: I visited some gunshops in the Cape yesterday

"In short you guys in the Cape are very lucky" correction after all civilization started here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
    "In short you guys in the Cape are very lucky" correction after all civilization started here.
    And then civilization stared at the Berg until 11am and knock off at 14:30 each day. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=speensalf;1074252]And then civilization stared at the Berg until 11am and knock off at 14:30 each day. :)

Who wants to prove that hard work does not kill?

Wine, woman and song need attention too.

User

No mention of False Bay.....you need to take a drive and check it out.....open 7 days a week (you know, cause we dont work in CT anyway ;))

User

[QUOTE=Theunsb;1074255]
    Quote Originally Posted by speensalf View Post
    And then civilization stared at the Berg until 11am and knock off at 14:30 each day. :)

Who wants to prove that hard work does not kill?

Wine, woman and song need attention too.
    Pragtig gestel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Next time you should really try and make it to Guns and bows, Wildman, Parrow arms and Safari (though I expect they would be much the same as their GP counterparts) as well. Really worth it. Glad you had some good experiences!

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    Next time you should really try and make it to Guns and bows, Wildman, Parrow arms and Safari (though I expect they would be much the same as their GP counterparts) as well. Really worth it. Glad you had some good experiences!
    The Jhb Safari blows the doors off the Stellies one.

Although I couldn't get anyone to help me at the gun counter :(

User

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    next one on the list was Strand guns. They have some good looking guns on Guntree.
    Sadly this was for a day but I can loiter real good hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    next one on the list was Strand guns. They have some good looking guns on Guntree.
    Sadly this was for a day but I can loiter real good hey.
    Your dad must be on crutches or you. We can do more that you did on a Saturday morning from 8 to 12 and you had a whole Friday.
    You should have smaller in between breaks - but the again from Old Horn town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast