Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Silencers on big bore rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    The notion of "they don't know better" is the mother of all f-ups.
    Agreed, but I'm talking about really messing up a rifle, for no other purpose other than negligence or idiocy. Last time I shot a Sako I was unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Why? Because the scope was visibly skew on the rifle. Telling the owner came back with "oh, but it shoots fine". No dude, it didn't even shoot in the same direction the scope pointed. Same as with the Q-Bonded scope. It's screwed up, not to assist the shooter but because they didn't know better, that's why. I don't mind if you modify or change the rifle if it helps, at all. Hell you can CeraKote that Blaser R8 neon pink if that'll get your wife to join you on the range, just don't drill holes in the barrel to make it lighter.

User

What is really ironic to me is that a really expensive rifle tend not to be used that much where the cheaper Howa's, etc will have many more units in the field being used way more often in much harsher conditions. Which makes for a much more proven rifle on the mid range guns. Having more units also opens up the manufacturing field to produce to much tighter tolerances through production optimization.

I wonder how some of these Big brands would fair when consistently used.

As for working, modifying and beautifying a gun. Most, not everyone, would be better served spending that money on practicing with the gun.
    Some upgrades are a benefit like new sights on a Glock. but the majority of upgrades is more of a sideways step instead of forward and some are a backwards step, reducing reliability and function.

User

Toxxyc..Lets combine all your features and we have....1xneon pink Blaser with the scope Q bonded on skew and holes drilled in the barrel. Talk about pimp my rifle

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    What is really ironic to me is that a really expensive rifle tend not to be used that much where the cheaper Howa's, etc will have many more units in the field being used way more often in much harsher conditions. Which makes for a much more proven rifle on the mid range guns. Having more units also opens up the manufacturing field to produce to much tighter tolerances through production optimization.

I wonder how some of these Big brands would fair when consistently used.

As for working, modifying and beautifying a gun. Most, not everyone, would be better served spending that money on practicing with the gun.
    Some upgrades are a benefit like new sights on a Glock. but the majority of upgrades is more of a sideways step instead of forward and some are a backwards step, reducing reliability and function.
    I would assume that here in SA the most used bigger bore rifles ( 375 and up ) will be the CZ 550's , not that they are very expensive but they are very strong .

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Toxxyc..Lets combine all your features and we have....1xneon pink Blaser with the scope Q bonded on skew and holes drilled in the barrel. Talk about pimp my rifle
    If you can manage to drill holes in a Blaser barrel, please share the pics. If not, you are talking rubbish, but that was the intention, right?

For those who don't know, Blaser barrels are harder than any HSS drill bit!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ja, but if looks could kill, then I'd take my wife along instead of carrying a rifle.
    Pics, or we don't believe you!

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Pics, or we don't believe you!
    Advocating mass murder isn't a good idea on this forum.

User

Advantage of a silencer on a big bore:

Definitely reduce the recoil significantly.
    Enhance shooting abilities of the person who is afraid of heavy recoil and stop a flinch..

It is extremely practical....

User

There is only advantage in fitting silencers to big bores. Very few people in this country use 375 and bigger for what they were intended for, and most is used for plains game hunting.

How many people shoot their 375's with open sights? I would like to see a poll on this forum for 9.3/375 etc with and without scopes

User

Quote Originally Posted by carlp View Post
    There is only advantage in fitting silencers to big bores. Very few people in this country use 375 and bigger for what they were intended for, and most is used for plains game hunting.

How many people shoot their 375's with open sights? I would like to see a poll on this forum for 9.3/375 etc with and without scopes
    On my 375, an older ZKK602, I have removed the front sight and threaded the muzzle for a silencer. The scope is a 1,5-6x42 Lynx.

When I was 20 years old, I could shoot 1,5 MOA with open sights. This is no longer possible for me. Beyond 50m, aligning any open sights with a target becomes a gamble. I have no issues with removing sights from a rifle anymore.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast