Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Powder coated Cast bullets

Is any one using powder coated cast bullets.

User

Default Re: Powder coated Cast bullets

I do believe there are a few of us...

Hi Beast
    I am glad to hear that.I think it covers a lot when it comes to cast bullets,especially where bore fouling can happen.i do not even bother with checking for fouling anymore.I shot almost 100 of those bullets out of my 308 and all i did was just pull the bore snake through every now and again.

User

Got 8000 plus through my Glock 19 and about 1500 on the G34 about 3000 through the 357. All clean.
    Shot about 500 in the Type 56 and no issues. Need to get the sights fixed to see what the real accuracy is...
    Waiting for my Check maker to try them in the AR... Would be a killer on pins.

The best part is the price of my projectiles. On the free lead I got I shot at a few cents per bullet. When buying lead it is still less than half of jacketed pricing.

No fouling of my barrels is a big plus and lower charges to make factor is nice to know, But the best part is that they are very accurate (pistol - rifle needs mare testing) and I made them myself.

Shooting pink bullets in Cape town (cape town cammo) was nice. I fitted right in with the locals.

I have 2 batches of 9mm loaded for Africa champs. But not sure if I should stick with the candy green I used at N Nats or go for the new White lightnings. Decisions decisions...

User

I cast and coat for handgun.

I'm shooting a helluva lot more than this time last year.

The costs of getting started and setting everything up add up quickly. But I doubt I'll buy handgun bullets ever again.

Fun learning curve too. Next I'd like to start swaging bullets for 223.

Hhahah,pink,ja nee.I am currentlty casting and powder coating for,9mm short(380)9mm luger 38/357 carbine,.22 Hornet 55gr and 60 gr for the 223,243,30 cals,and the 338.i don't think i will push copper down my barrels again.And when you compare the prices its unreal.I also have my own gas check makers and i only use aluminium and i have never had a problem.Been doing it a while now.Also do not have accuracy problems.With the powder coat there is more oomphhh.

User

At what speeds have you been pushing the PC down the rifles?

User

Photos or it never happened...? ;)

I push my 308 at 2240 fps.I use 32 gr S335 with either a 176 gr hollow point or the 173 flat point which i am sure the animals hate before they die.And i see no leading,no powder coat left inside the barrel.I shoot the 22 Hornet at 1900 or so fps using 8 gr S265 powder using a 55 gr powder coated bullet.I tried shooting faster with the Hornet but accuracy suffers.But not with the big calibers.

Hahaha Stefanvan.If you have whatsapp i will send you the pics.Man i just cant upload pics here

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast