Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default YOUR MOST DISAPOINTING GUN/ ACCESORY PURCHASE

I have been wondering what was the most disappointing buy member have made when buying a firearm or accessories. I don't want to start a bash the brand thread. But it would be interesting to know why their new toy did not live up to expectation.

I will go in 2012 after much pondering I purchased a CVA Optima .50 cal muzzle loader in Real tree camo. Nice gun sweet trigger had fun with it till Sannadex was discontinued now it is a safe queen. I am not willing to pay the price for imported black powder. Is loos hands the gun I know regret buying.

User

Default Re: YOUR MOST DISAPOINTING GUN/ ACCESORY PURCHASE

You know there is a new local BP available again?

User

Magpul AFG. Just never quite made sense, compared to a little Magpul XTM handstop.

User

My most disappointing accessory for me would be the 5 round Tuff Revolver "Quickstrips" that I bought because they are flat and easier to conceal than big speedloaders.

Tried them out with a timer and it turns out I can reload with my HKS speedloader much much faster. I knew the Quickstrips would be slower but I didn't realise by how much.
    I can open the cylinder, eject the spent casings, reload with a speedloader, close the cylinder, eject the unfired casings, reload with a second speedloader and close the cylinder and it's only like 2 seconds slower than a single Quickstrip reload.
    Since carrying a revolver already puts you at a big disadvantage with capacity and reloading times, I have to carry the fastest way to reload if I need to reload in a self defense situation where every second counts but I'll be getting a baby Glock pretty soon so I'll live with the bulkiness of the speedloaders until then.

User

I bought a Vektor CP1 in 1995... Couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    My most disappointing accessory for me would be the 5 round Tuff Revolver "Quickstrips" that I bought because they are flat and easier to conceal than big speedloaders.

Tried them out with a timer and it turns out I can reload with my HKS speedloader much much faster. I knew the Quickstrips would be slower but I didn't realise by how much.
    I can open the cylinder, eject the spent casings, reload with a speedloader, close the cylinder, eject the unfired casings, reload with a second speedloader and close the cylinder and it's only like 2 seconds slower than a single Quickstrip reload.
    Since carrying a revolver already puts you at a big disadvantage with capacity and reloading times, I have to carry the fastest way to reload if I need to reload in a self defense situation where every second counts but I'll be getting a baby Glock pretty soon so I'll live with the bulkiness of the speedloaders until then.
    Quickstrips are not meant to be faster.....they are to be sneaky, shoot 2 or 3 rounds, go to cover and replace the 2 or 3 you shot. If someone is counting your rounds, they will count to 6 and assume you are empty, but you would have replaced the 2 or 3.

Much like replacing your half empty mag before moving.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    You know there is a new local BP available again?
    I Know. But Richards Bay is a long way from Cape Town or PTA, Local dealer has stock of imported stuff Grr.

User

This is going to be an interesting thread....

I had two BP guns, a Palmetto .44 revolver and a Ardesa .45 rifle. The quality on both were really bad.

I also had a protecta shotgun. While it was an interesting weapon, it was not user friendly. It blew gas into your face and the short barrel really caused some serious muzzle blast when shooting in fading light.

I also had a Republic Arms RAP in .40 S&W that blew up in my hands. I still dont know if it was bad ammo or a fault of the gun. That was disappointing since it was beautifully made and finished.

The worst handgun I have ever handled was a Rohm .22 revolver.

User

CZ100

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post

Load four rounds.

Two ,a gap ,then two.

Try that.

The last round is slower to reload than the four before it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast