Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: YOUR MOST DISAPOINTING GUN/ ACCESORY PURCHASE

My big disappointment was the Taurus ST12 shotgun. Its inability to extract a fired shell was staggering.

Although the gun was a dud the after sales service from TacShac and in turn NicYale was great. Gun went back to importer. Money was returned and a Shield was bought.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

I have boxes of stuff I no longer have a use for and because I had trouble with them am not willing to pass them on to others.

Everything from AFG1s and 2's, Troy stubby grips, AR15 grips, AK grips, AK rails, AK hand guards, light mounts, lights, sights, scopes, stocks and other parts are in my parts bin.

The only thing I use which I regret is my ATI hand guard on my AK, with a direct mount Magpul MOE vertical grip which is held on with epoxy and a screw. Why is it disappointing? When held in my preferred grip my forefinger rests on the hand guard retaining plate. Which is metal. Which is in contact with the barrel. Which gets hot.

This will all be solved with a Zhukov hand guard, but now my one Magpul MOE mount VFG is epoxied to my old handguard. And I don't have a Zhukov. Nor do I have $ for a Zhukov.

User

Tacstar extension.

User

Walther P22 pistol. hammer wouldn't stay back. When I looked to dr Google I found zillions of guys having every kind of trouble with it. Walther agent in SA non existent. I wrote it off and cut my loss. Still sitting with twelve stainless magazines that a friend brought from the states. The joy my new Glock 43 gives me makes up for the emotional loss.

Norinco Winchester 1897 Trench Gun clone. The damn thing broke within three shot. The 1st shot the front sight bead came off. The third shot the trigger pins sheered in half and jammed up tighter than a Virgin in church.
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

My worst was a Hatsan 105 under lever airgun. Broke and disintegrated 4 scopes and kicked like a mule with the accuracy of paint spatter. Eventually sold it to a guy that wanted a project air gun

User

Mossberg 802 "plinkster", bolt action .22LR.

Made in Brazil, numerous failures to feed no matter which ammunition it was fed. Sights were made of tin. General quality of machining was terrible with very sharp edges that'd cut the operator when rifle was being cleaned.

User

Cheap holsters. Of the bargain bin variety. Ok, maybe my expectations of them were wrong.
    Some aren't mean't for more than a few hours use, literally a pain in the butt.
    There's a reason why e.g my no-name snubby ankle holster was so cheap - it doesn't cover the trigger area, only thing that saves it is the retention strap over the hammer. CH snubbies are unsafe in this thing.
    Quality issues with cheaper nylon fabric holsters - not mean't for serious use.
    Cheap mag pouches - not very retentive and uncomfortable.

You get what you pay for - general rule

User

I don't have a disappointing gun/accessory purchase. I'm really really glad about that.
    The closest to a disappointment that I have, is that my 5 rifle safe (5 plus shelves) isn't big enough...

User

My most disappointing FA accessory?

Don't have many accessories but I would definitely say it's my FA licence. All the effort and money and emaotional turmoil that went into getting them and they are cheap and flimsy POS....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast