Thread: Some pigs..

User

Default Some pigs..

Thought I'd share some pigs that are now in a better place...

User

Default Re: Some pigs..

Nice ... Tell us more about your equipment...

User

Quote Originally Posted by zakiwi View Post
    Nice ... Tell us more about your equipment...
    My thoughts exactly...

User

Cool cool..

Daytime hunting is always done with hounds.. So I use a rifle with iron sights, 30-06, 303, shotgun.. Being fit helps allot!! Problem for me at the moment... When that pig stops running you need to get there now! But, while the pig is running from the dogs, it's anywhere from 200m - 500m in front of the hounds.. So you have to be ready all the time. Sometimes that pig pops out near you..

Nighttime hunting I use a NiteSite Eagle on any of my scoped rifles.. Sometimes I bait or wait at known feeding spots (maize, Lusern, etc), especially for bush pigs.. You don't easily walk up to a bush pig.. With a feral pig sounder you can walk around a look for them, but they are also clever buggers. They hear and smell well.. Big boars not so easy, they are big and old for a reason..

The NiteSite works fairly well, there is other options out there, but I'm happy with mine.. It doesn't work so well for scanning.. I have friends with Thermal handheld optics... Those things is amazing!! You can spot pigs up to a 1km away.. But I will never justify spending that type of money..

User

Quote Originally Posted by jdvisagie View Post

The NiteSite works fairly well, there is other options out there, but I'm happy with mine.. It doesn't work so well for scanning.. I have friends with Thermal handheld optics... Those things is amazing!! You can spot pigs up to a 1km away.. But I will never justify spending that type of money..
    Yip some of the gadgets out there are amazing.....unfortunately unless varmint hunting is your business, it is difficult to justify spending those sorts of numbers.

User

Yep...they are in a better place...my congrats.