Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 72" x2" Knife blade Belt sander machine build

Spend some time on my burners again, it it nearly completed...I did cut Tambotie wood for knife scales as well, a beautiful wood to work with...

Photos:

Tambotie wood:

And this solid Olive wood biltong hand slicer, not many of them around...

User

I will be completing this knife this week...I liked the design and the way this blade turned out..the Kameeldoring scales are solid and work down to a fine finish...

The TIG nozzles will be collected from Unique welding company to complete my gas burner build.
    Notice the air adjustment disks..the one disk is adjusted open while the other one is closed...these burners will be highly adjustable and fine tuning is a great bonus with these burners..I will do final welding and finishing on these burners.

User

Worked on different knives today, I completed the kitchen knife with the stainless steel blade...I only need to buff it. I am currently busy completing another high quality stainless steel knife with a Tambotie handle..man this wood is magic...Tambotie wood rocks...
    I will complete this knife tomorrow..it
    Then there are a few blades I need to harden tomorrow...Tambotie scales top knife, bottom knife Kameeldoring wood...
    Some photos:

Knives I need to harden, temper and complete:

User

Here is two collections of knives/forks /sharpeners I am taking to the 1883 Era Black Powder hunt. The first collection is knives I made for this hunt and there are still a few more knives I need to complete for a trading table we will have on the hunt.

This bunch knives /forks sharpeners I collected :

User

Good, I did manage to work on the vice /anvil project . I will be commencing building the base of the vice /anvil. In the meantime I worked more on some kitchen knives as well. Here are photos of the large kitchen knife I am busy completing for the 1883 Era Black Powder hunt.

User

I have used my handmade knife for the first time this weekend, it really keeps a exceptional sharp edge and cuts meat /vegetables with ease. It really is a nice feeling to use a product I made myself and it is a bonus when it works flawlessly...

User

Very nice!! And well done on using the knife! Always good to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

As for bronze bolts/screws, do you replace them with a normal pin at a later stage or do you just sand the head and excess off?

User

Quote Originally Posted by HJordaan View Post
    Very nice!! And well done on using the knife! Always good to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

As for bronze bolts/screws, do you replace them with a normal pin at a later stage or do you just sand the head and excess off?
    Yes, I really enjoy making knives for my own use...next batch of knives will be slaughtering knives. I always wanted to forge/make my own butcher knives. I am making use of what is available to me..I got these brass screws/bolts from a friend so it seems just fitting to use what I have. My kitchen knives needs to reflect the 1883 era Black Powder hunt items...and it doubles as real usable kitchen knives...I have one rule when it comes to knife making: ''No Rules"

User

Had time today to put finishing touches to the knife handles/scales...I dip the scales into sanding sealer, used a magnet to hang them up...I completed the large kitchen knife as well and only needs to sand it`s blade down to 800 gn ...Here are a few photos:

User

I ordered ten ceramic soft white bricks today from a company in Vereniging. I will commence completing my new two burner gas forge as soon as the bricks arrives. Will upload photos as I make progress..

Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast