Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 72" x2" Knife blade Belt sander machine build

Cameron/Trayto, thank you for the positive reply , it is much appreciated...I am currently working to complete one knife for a friend...will upload photos as I am making progress...

User

I completed the build of the second two gas burner forge by fitting the burner housings. All that is left is to fit the two burners nozzles that screw onto the housings.This fire brick is an excellent material to work with..you are able to do inlays as well as forming work ..here is a photo where I use a chisel to hollow the base for the burner end to fit:

Some photos:

User

I am nearly completed with fitting the burners into the burner pipes...

User

Spend some time on the second gas forge today. I am nearing completion, here are some photos of today`s work.These flat bar frames will be use to secure the copper gas pipes and valves on. I will be commencing with a third two burner gas forge shortly.The third gas forge will be up for sale if there are any members interested for such a forge or a single burner forges.

User

Update:
    Members, I am making steady progress with this forge. I am in the process of connecting the gas pipes. Here is a few photos of a "Father and Son project where Ruan asked me to assist him in forging a Viking type of axe from a Ball peen hammer ..as well as a few photos of using my rotatory machine to complete a knife for my friend Chris Moolman
    My new rotatory tool in action busy completing a bush/meat processing knife for my good friend Chris Moolman..still a lot of work to do but I am getting there..

This humble little charcoal forge really fires on all cylinders..notice how hot the metal becomes, even so hot that the carbon dissipates..

Ball Peen hammer in a transformation journey to become a Viking style axe..
    Removing some steel to draw out the front panel for inserting a high carbon steel disk

User

As pointed out I am currently completing a knife for Chris Moolman, my good friend with the giant hands ...I am making this knife as described and required by him..an all day purpose knife, from hunting to slaughtering and meat processing..a working knife ....while I am busy I am making another kitchen knife for myself...some photos of great olien hout wood I want to use for knife scales/handles..it is nice to have such beautiful wood to work with..

Banned

Beautiful grain to that wood

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Beautiful grain to that wood
    BBT, you are correct, few other species of trees has this beautiful flowing grain structure...the irony is that this makes it excellent fire wood as well in the veld while hunting ...it makes a great hot burning coal to braai any decent piece of steak or t-bone...

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    As pointed out I am currently completing a knife for Chris Moolman, my good friend with the giant hands ...I am making this knife as described and required by him..an all day purpose knife, from hunting to slaughtering and meat processing..a working knife ....while I am busy I am making another kitchen knife for myself...some photos of great olien hout wood I want to use for knife scales/handles..it is nice to have such beautiful wood to work with..

That de-ja-vu feeling, where did I see that wood before?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard View Post
    That de-ja-vu feeling, where did I see that wood before?
    Willie, you are correct, this beautiful Olien hout comes from your farm at Weltevreden, where every year most of the participant hunters are hiding the Olien hout we use to make the camp fire and cooking fires so they can take it home instead of burning it in a fire...This specific piece is really of extremely high quality , as seen in the photos it is not a type of wood you encounter every day...I have some of the Tambotie wood as well from the hunt , great quality and beautiful wood...I need to point out Willie Barnard will never cut down a healthy tree, the wood in the photos are from trees that died due to a huge fire swept through the farm three years previously.
    It really is a privilege to have access to such beautiful wood, thank you again Willie , as always it is much, much appreciated . I was so fortunate to have received an extremely scarce indigenous wood , the Combretum apiculatum- Red Bush willow..this wood is extremely dense, beautiful and has a great appearance , it makes for a beautiful knife handle /scales ...I will upload a photo of a knife I made using this wood as a handle...

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast