Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
    User

Default Re: 72" x2" Knife blade Belt sander machine build

As mentioned, I received an old safe from my good friend Chris Moolman. This safe will form the base of my new three gas burner forge. I will do most of my forging work with this forge. The charcoal forge I currently am working on a concept to make it more economical, this is in regards to charcoal making on a larger scale.

Some photos of the lathe turning work I did yesterday..this will be the inner workings of the anvil-vice ..the slide/screw rod of the vice..
    I am working towards this example, I will be effect changes to this design that will fit the 1889 era ...

Here is the safe that will constitutes a building process to turn it into a gas forge.
    The inside of what is going to be the gas forge I am building..

The outside:

I will make use of the hinges as well:

Thick five millimeter steel :

User

I spend some time today to cut out the door opening of the gad forge I am building. I did cut out a smaller opening at the back end of the gas forge . That will come in handy when I am forging longer blades . I welded square tubing slides onto the bottom of the furnace to enable me to use a slider for the longer blades to rest on when in the furnace. I will upload photos as I make progress...

Internet is extremely slow, will upload later..

User

I did manage to drill holes into the knife blades/wood scales today. I will complete these knives shortly.
    I had to anneal the handles again to be able to drill the second hole into the handles.

User

A few photos of the three blades hardened again in my small forge and tempered in my household oven. I will insert the brass pins and epoxy to secure the scales tomorrow then it is only a matter of working down the handle until the grip feels great for a kitchen knife...
    Hardened blades before going to the oven for tempering cycle.

Tempering for 90 minutes on 225 degrees Celsius in my small oven.

User

Lyk na warm, maar bevredigende werk?

User

Jy som dit baie goed op Proud Prado. Ek geniet die vorming van staal met vuur en hitte...ongelooflik hoe `n stuk yster verander in staal as jy dit verhard en dan temper..alle eienskappe verander ..

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35