This one is a Model 552 Speedmaster BDL, a semi automatic rimfire that shoots .22 Short, .22 Long and .22 Long Rifle. The BDL means it is the Deluxe version with the checkering on the stock and fore end, the cap on the underside of the stock grip and it has the "hunter" sights on it. As bulky as those sights look, when viewing across them they are very unobtrusive.

The rifle was born in October 1981. It is in phenomenal condition for being 35 years old. I couldn't take pictures of it as they don't allow it in the store....... but I was able to sneakily snap off one picture of the stock. Overall the rest of the rifle matches this condition. A few little scritches and scratches that one would expect for it's age.....but seriously, hardly anything to speak of. I paid $300 for it. They still make these and they go for about $750 new.

My stock.

Here are some examples of what these rifles look like-scoped and un-scoped. I got these pics off the web.

Lovely rifles. In the 2nd pic, the one of the left side of the firearm, you will notice the charging handle is on the left and forward of the receiver. This allows the rifle to appear to have a low profile and they are very slender rifles. Long and lean. Tube magazine holds about 14/15 rounds. I found the rifle to shoulder and point very instinctively, if that makes any sense? The balance is awesome, without being fully loaded up of course. I'll bet it is still great once that tubular magazine is full.

Mine has no scope on it, something I will take care of once I get it. The receiver is grooved to accept scope rings.

Unfortunately........ because it's a consignment sale, the rifle has to sit in jail at the store for 25 days while they run the serial # etc to make sure it's clean....BEFORE I can start my 10 day background check. Even though I have been background checked about 24 times already!! I'm so clean I squeak, even have a clean DMV record......but I still have to do it, like everyone else in California.

After this, if I cane find a nice Model 572 pump action .22, I'll be a happy camper. After that a 40X rimfire......and a......