Default Short term insurance

Hi All, this is the nearest related subject that I could find.
    Miway insurance contacted me recently and offered to quote, they did and came out 40% cheaper than my present insurer for slightly more cover, cars and household.
    Has anyone had dealings with Miway?

User

Default Re: Short term insurance

Check if the excess is the same, if the extras like carhire in event of loss ect are still included. If so, you got a good quote.
    Get a quote from Santam before you move, they tend to be overlooked by many people, but delivers exellent service.

User

Which company underwrites them?

Get a quote from Santam before you move, they tend to be overlooked by many people, but delivers excellent service.

With Santam at the moment and have been for 22 years. No problems at all.

User

Miway is underwritten by Santam, so shoukd be a good deal.

Santam is a bit more expensive, but you know you have a great product with little hassles.

I'm currently busy with a claim (through Santam), was hit by a taxi last week. No hassles. Filled in the forms, was adviced about a panel beater for a quote. No worries about will my claim be approved.

Santam's business model is centred around high volumes of premium with low profit margin. The sheer volume of premium they collect turns their low profit margin into a substantial figure.

They aren't rejection-centric like many of the smaller companies. Their motto of "rest insured" is quite true, they rarely reject their claims.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post

Santam is a bit more expensive, but you know you have a great product with little hassles.

I'm currently busy with a claim (through Santam), was hit by a taxi last week. No hassles. Filled in the forms, was adviced about a panel beater for a quote. No worries about will my claim be approved.
    In that case I think you should be OK. Obviously check the finer details, to make sure that you are comparing apples with apples.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post

Okay, so my mate who is insured with miway has it a little bit wrong. Miway underwrites on their own license, but they are owned by Santam as their direct insurance business.

As mentioned. Check the fine print regarding excess. Normally some will increase this section and then offer a lower rate.
    I moved from Santam to Outsurance about 5 years back. Home and vehicles. Was significantly cheaper.
    Had some claims. And no hassles so far.
    My wife hit another vehicle with her Getz. Was on a Friday.
    I took it in the Monday for inspection. They said Damage was about 50% of value.
    Said since I owe nothing on it. They will fix or write off.
    I said lets write off the Tuesday. Thursday the funds were in my account.
    And the Saturday she got her new polo.

User

Just be very truthful and take due care in your disclosures to insurance companies as this will affect you when a claim arises. Any info given incorrectly, whether intentionally or not could be detrimental to your cover.

Insurance ratings depend on who is regular drivers of the vehicle, the use of the vehicle and where the vehicle is parked during the day and night.