Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Whats up at TacShac :/

The new thread got me very interested in Tacshac's website so I went over there hoping to see some action.

Sadly what I saw is not what I expected. A friendly looking lady reviewed you guys and said that she received some strife. Me. Russell.

Why does this women still not feel right again?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Whats up at TacShac :/

Yeah...

We fucked up. It was an admin bungle by a previous staff member and we tried to make it right immediately, but then SAPS' system weighed in and exacerbated the fuck up to the n'th degree.

We immediately admitted our mistake and took steps to correct. We have always been happy to do what we can and to compensate the customer for anything she is out of pocket by, but sometimes that's just not enough.

The gun in question had been transferred to another dealer and they had also told us that the situation was handled... which turns out may not be the case. We asked a favour of someone in a position to sort the problem and sent through the required documents, and hoped the situation was sorted... apparently also in vain. Now that person has also moved on.

Sometimes it's waaaaay hard to unfuck something.

We have done literally everything we could within our legal power, and even beyond that, but it seems the pain continues.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Is this the time or place for this?

I honestly don't think so. Why the urge to post this here when you're already involved in the thread on facebook?

User

"It was an admin bungle by a previous staff member"
    So does this mean there is a position open to work at/with the hardest working group of gun enthusiasts out there?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvw View Post
    "It was an admin bungle by a previous staff member"
    So does this mean there is a position open to work at/with the hardest working group of gun enthusiasts out there?
    The position might have been filled already.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Is this the time or place for this?

I honestly don't think so. Why the urge to post this here when you're already involved in the thread on facebook?
    Sorry I have not thought about that but what it comes down to is the lady feels wronged and she does not feel like she is getting the amount of help needed.

I myself have been through a experience with a reputable SA company which left me very sour.
    They stole from me, threatened me with lawyers and people on forums stood up for them. Earlier this month I bought from them again because I could not source the gun from elsewhere.
    I felt very uncomfortable and all together kak. I could not even look them in the eye, as if I did something wrong, AFTER THEY STOLE FROM ME. This is a Uwe problem and SA problem. We always feel sorry for people who make KAK. WHY ???

SO in the long run why not take the good with the bad. I am sure that any problem faced by TC will only make them come out stronger. You, I and every good business owner in SA know that a problem solved well is better than a hundred deals going off without one.

I posted this because I am very proud that we have stores like TacShac in SA.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Ja, you see... the problem is that the gun in question was transferred to another shop, and was then out of our legal custody, meaning that CFR/SAPS would no longer accept any paperwork from us as we no longer had any legal standing as far as the gun is concerned.

This was a one-in-a-million, grand prize, fuckup.

We had two identical guns with concurrent serial numbers. One we sold to the lady who posted the complaint, one we transferred to another shop with a range where the client could shoot his gun... only... Murphy intruded and the wrong gun was sent to the other shop. Shit happens. People make mistakes. No gun was sold twice or resold or anything nefarious. It was a common or garden mixup. It shouldn't have happened, and the failsafes which operate in the industry should have picked up the error...

The other shop should have noticed that the gun they received and the 350 had different numbers, but they didn't. The CFR should have noticed that the app from the other shop was for a gun that was already being applied for, and that the other shop didn't have the gun on their register, but that also slipped past.

It was our initial error. No excuses, but it was compounded by the rest of the dysfunctional system.

It was only picked up when the nice young lady came to collect her gun, and we noticed that the serial number on her licence card didn't match the number on the gun. It SHOULD have been relatively simple to unfuck. We immediately sent our staff member over to the other shop with the gun they should have got in the first place, with the customer in tow. It SHOULD have been as simple as the other shop requesting a change of details from SAPS (as they had legal custody of the gun in question for months already)... but, it seems... this has become a huge and unwinnable battle.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

The lady in question is a SAPS member. Can she not use that to ask for assistance from CFR?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Banned

TacShac has my support. Good luck with unwinding the kinks! Thanks for being honest.

User

I have had very little dealings with the guys from TS, but this thread makes me want to do more business with them because anyone that can admit there fault and take responsibility for what sounds like a right royal mess, has my full respect.

thanks for the open and honest answers Pual.
    cheers
    Anthony

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast