Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default CZ Shadow/Orange/Tactical Sport/Shadow 2

Hey guys wondering who has the best prices on the above and is it really worth it to go a shadow 2 or ts? or even orange. Can you pm some rough prices hopefully cheaper with the rand at the moment?

User

Default Re: CZ Shadow/Orange/Tactical Sport/Shadow 2

What do you mean is it worth going too?

Well i love the look of the new Shadow 2.
    Between the Shadow 1 and Orange.
    Ill rather buy the Shadow. And buy the PreB, Comp hammer and one or two other small things for it for the price difference.
    Also I dont like the Alu grips from CZ at all.

None of them will make you shoot or compete better. Practice, and putting rounds down range will however.
    Their features will merely assist you.

User

Well thinking in terms of the price differences between them don't mind waiting on the shadow 2 as its new and no one really knows its strengths and weaknesses. I like the size of the ts but hate the colors and sight options. I'm leaning towards the shadow as you can change a lot in it like you say to make it like a orange. Buffers,springs and hammer etc.
    Anyone know where the best prices are for cz shadow or shadow 2? Appreciate the feedback guys.

User

What is the purpose of the FA?

To expand on my question. The Shadow (and Shadow 2) is IPSC Production legal, while the TS is NOT.

You can use the Shadow in IDPA, but the TS NOT.

What do you intend to use the FA for, sport shooting? If so, which sport, and which division?

P.S. You can make a Shadow 'like' a Shadow Orange in looks only... it will never be as good as the Orange though (The orange is built to a much higher quality and tolerance). That said, and what Shooty meant, is that the Orange isn't 'really' worth the extra money, unless you are already chasing split seconds to win a National Championship or something.

P.P.S Shadow 2 has not officially been released here yet, and I only know of 2 places that are taking pre-orders. Not exactly a huge choice for determining 'best price'.

P.P.P.S. Shooty is not 100% accurate when he says "None of them will make you shoot or compete better" ... some guns do make you better. And some mods can also make you better.
    Last edited by Psychosis; 30-08-2016 at 15:44.

User

Afaik the Shadow 2 will not be IDPA legal.

User

Imo the Shadow 2 is going to be in back order demand for several months so I do not see it being discounted.

User

Another option that is available is the Tanfoglio's. But they are also not idpa legal same as the shadow 2 apparently.

Jip the Shadow2 is too heavy for IDPA and I think a bit too tall also....methinks the second hand market will have a couple of Shadows looking for new homes soon.

And I agree with Phychosis, well at least in my case, my Shadow makes me look good.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

User

I have a shadow and 2 tac sports in both 9 and 40. TS has by far one of the best SAO triggers out there but that may be restricting you depending on your purpose/ sporting dicipline. As far as I know the TS can be used in limited IPSC and ESP IDPA. But I'm a pin shooter so don't take my word for it.

I converted my shadow to SAO as well and the accuracy and speed (for me anyways) went up dramatically. I installed a SA trigger and competition hammer from jizni a few years back which cost me around 2k including installation by a gunsmith. Prices for a mod like that will run much more nowadays.

Shadow 2 is quoted at around 22k from tac shac. A TS can be had for slightly less than that as it stands and in my opinion would still be superior to the shadow 2 due to the capacity and trigger.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast