Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default First thoughts on the Ganzo G737m knife that I won from Gearbest...

Howdy guys!

It has been a long time since I have started a thread; be it worthwhile or just for entertainment

Thanks to Gearbest, I received my knife in the post today (the one from their giveaway competition). It took a little while with the free shipping, but the tracking number was able to keep track of my Parcel from the Netherlands, all the way right to my local Post Office. Updates was seen online and I got an sms when it was ready for collection at the post office. So courierwise, I am impressed.

Okay... I did not know what to expect from the knife. Being Chinese made is not always a bad thing, however the English language and grammar on the knife's box/packaging, is something to be desired... :P The box is very neat and looks nice though and it comes with a very small little pouch to store the knife in.

>>>> OKAY, before reading further. Take note. This is a $15 knife! Keep it in mind. <<<<

At first glance, it is quite solid, blade is sturdy and the knife feels VERY comfortable in my hand. The blade is 440c, an average but good steal which sharpens easily and hence easier to maintain as a cheap, easy to use knife.

Is it sharp you ask? Damn straight it is. It is the sharpest 440c blade that I have ever seen from a factory and dare I even say... it seems to be sharper than my Spyderco Paramilitary 2 when I got it new. Will it keep it's edge for long, I don't think so, but it depends what you use it for.

So my last impressions before I give the knife a nice EDC test run for a few weeks... I am glad I got it. It is cheap! And hell it is nice, sturdy and sharp. I am already contemplating to EDC this instead of my Spyderco PM2 because this knife I will use and abuse without worrying about messing up the blade. At just $15, this is the best budget EDC knife that I have ever seen. And I rank it above the usual R300-R400 CRKT knives..

For those interested, here is the link to their website:*http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knive...35.html?wid=21

If I had some spare cash, I would actually buy a few, throw them in the drawer and pocket one. Use it as needed.*

So now I am back to carrying two knives again as I just can't get it over my heart to put the PM2 aside.

The choil is exactly even on both sides, which is usually something that we look at when considering hand made knives and quality knives. That said, it is negligible.

My advice: buy one and give it a shot. Shipping will take a while but it is damn cheap!

In fact, I have already ordered another one by the time you read this

Sent from my super duper communicator device

User

Default Re: First thoughts on the Ganzo G737m knife that I won from Gearbest...

I have seen ganzo knives on a couple of YouTube reviews and the guys all rate them highly.

Sent from my SM-G900F
    Last edited by Erebus; 31-08-2016 at 14:57.

User

Nice, thanks for the review

User

Excellent review, thank you

User

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I have seen ganzo knives on a couple of YouTube reviews and the guys all rate them highly. Sent from my SM-G900F
    Looking at the other knives on the site, it does seem the Chinese have copied the deisgn of other knives, so not sure which this original design is from but it is a good Chinese made knife. Time will tell, just ordered another black one now. Will also make as a nice birthday gift.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Looking at the other knives on the site, it does seem the Chinese have copied the deisgn of other knives, so not sure which this original design is from but it is a good Chinese made knife. Time will tell, just ordered another black one now. Will also make as a nice birthday gift.
    It kind of looks like a rat 1 with a benchmade axis lock, got to love Chinese copyright law.

I bought a enlan goshawk during the week and prefer it over my Buck vantage which has been my edc for almost 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G900F

User

Can't wait to get my grubby paws on mine!

User

Tracking site says mine should be ready for collection tomorrow!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    Tracking site says mine should be ready for collection tomorrow!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I am very impressed so far with this knife. I am EDC'ing it now for the new couple of weeks to see how it holds.

User

Hello, Thank you for the review. I found many massage are interesting in this knife. So I apply the coupon: GG727M for this knife. And price with coupon only $11.49.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast