Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    This was a great podcast talking about these issues. I've been putting in some work on practicing some of the concepts discussed and it has been an interesting exercise. I believe that shooting with both eyes open have many advantages. I started and still do only shoot with one eye closed and it's definitely slower in some/most aspects. I plan on putting many hours of training into shooting with both eyes open.

https://itunes.apple.com/za/podcast/...=2&i=375064383
    Thanks, I will check it out.

I did a very unscientific test today at the range and surprisingly I found no difference in my shooting ability with eyes open or one closed. So I guess it was all in my head, or my eyes just need to "warm up" a bit to get rid of the worst of the double vision

User

Default Re: Shooting with both eyes open

Quote Originally Posted by Acajou View Post
    Thanks, I will check it out.

I did a very unscientific test today at the range and surprisingly I found no difference in my shooting ability with eyes open or one closed. So I guess it was all in my head, or my eyes just need to "warm up" a bit to get rid of the worst of the double vision
    Start adding in movement and longer strings where you need to transition quite a bit, and try the same 'test' again

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Start adding in movement and longer strings where you need to transition quite a bit, and try the same 'test' again
    Yes I think that would put both eyes open on top. But I am already shooting that way so unless closing one eye proved to be much more accurate I wouldn't have switched. IMO in my case I don't need to experiment with this any further, I need to work on other fundamentals as the eye thing doesn't seem to be my weakest link.

Banned

Default Re: Shooting with both eyes open

Give what i said a try, if you r/hand - left eye, keep both eyes open and turn head to favor dominant eye - really made a big diff to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Acajou View Post
    Yes I think that would put both eyes open on top. But I am already shooting that way so unless closing one eye proved to be much more accurate I wouldn't have switched. IMO in my case I don't need to experiment with this any further, I need to work on other fundamentals as the eye thing doesn't seem to be my weakest link.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3