Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Matriarch 2 vs Black Talon 2

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    I have owned a civilian, very nice knife. And own a matriarch which is also nice I have never seen one in G10 but am considering the black talon 2 as I feel it would win out over the matriarch in my opinion. I know ow the guys don't like cold steel but I have a few of their knives and can not say a bad thing about them amoung others I have were the black Sable the Caledonian edge the ak47 the other names fade from memory and will have to go check but I have always been happy with their offerings then again I am by no means a knife expert
    I've read that the tip of the Civie is VERY delicate and can break easily and a few guys are saying the Matriarch is better value because of this.

User

Default Matriarch 2 vs Black Talon 2

Yeah the tips break easy on the civvie, I had one sold it and regret it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_CZ View Post
    I've read that the tip of the Civie is VERY delicate and can break easily and a few guys are saying the Matriarch is better value because of this.
    Yes the tip on the civvie is rather delicate due to its thin tip. But it does look like the Devils blade doesn't it. I can see how cold steel rectified this with the BT II

Hey guys, resurrecting this thread

I liked the look at the Black Talon II so much I went to Sharp edge and bought the serrated version.

The knife is superb. I am just going back and forth in my mind why the guys hate on Cold Steel so much wheresearch I think their knives are really decent and have owned maybe 10 other so of them even their Chisa Katana sword amoung some other knives from their more budget to their really expensive stuff. I and amoung these I have a few Zero Tolerance, Kershaw, Emerson, Microtech, Pro-tech, Spyderco and a couple of others in the mix so I think I own a variety with whigh to make comparisons. Any onevent willing to clue me in? What am I missing with Cold Steel, if anything? I see the guys don't like Linn Thompson the CEO but you don't not buy a ferrari cause you disliked Enzo or not buy a Porsche cause you took exception with Ferdinand. So what else is there ?

User

Nothing wrong with Cold Steel. Very very good knives. I want a Code 4 and a Swift with a heavy heart.

Stay Bladed.

Banned

I liked the look at the Black Talon II so much I went to Sharp edge and bought the serrated version.

The knife is superb. I am just going back and forth in my mind why the guys hate on Cold Steel so much wheresearch I think their knives are really decent and have owned maybe 10 other so of them even their Chisa Katana sword amoung some other knives from their more budget to their really expensive stuff. I and amoung these I have a few Zero Tolerance, Kershaw, Emerson, Microtech, Pro-tech, Spyderco and a couple of others in the mix so I think I own a variety with whigh to make comparisons. Any onevent willing to clue me in? What am I missing with Cold Steel, if anything? I see the guys don't like Linn Thompson the CEO but you don't not buy a ferrari cause you disliked Enzo or not buy a Porsche cause you took exception with Ferdinand. So what else is there ?
    I love cold steeel!
    All their knives come shaving sharp from the factory.
    And they take a beating.
    My EDC is a Cold Steel XL voyager tanto

Household steak knife for comparison

User

I think the knives are good, but Lynn Thompson is rather unethical in his business practices (IMHO) from what I have read up on, so from that perspective people avoid coldsteel. A good example is cold steel taking CRKT to court over the advertising line 'virtual fixed blade'. Interesting to go read up on it and a lot of guys more knowledgeable than me about knives are rather anti coldsteel because of a few other things they done in the industry from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_CZ View Post
    I think the knives are good, but Lynn Thompson is rather unethical in his business practices (IMHO) from what I have read up on, so from that perspective people avoid coldsteel. A good example is cold steel taking CRKT to court over the advertising line 'virtual fixed blade'. Interesting to go read up on it and a lot of guys more knowledgeable than me about knives are rather anti coldsteel because of a few other things they done in the industry from what I understand.
    Who the hell cares! I'm buying knives that are much stronger and less expensive than a lot of others. I'm not buying Lynn Thompson so I don't really care. Plus I still like the fact that Lynn doesn't make excuses for making tactical knives that can be used in ways most people are scared of talking about.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Banned

Definitely this^^^^^^

User

Quote Originally Posted by pskriel View Post
    Who the hell cares! I'm buying knives that are much stronger and less expensive than a lot of others. I'm not buying Lynn Thompson so I don't really care. Plus I still like the fact that Lynn doesn't make excuses for making tactical knives that can be used in ways most people are scared of talking about.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    +1
    I care very little for upper management conflict.

Make cool shit that works and I'll buy it.

Stay Bladed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast