Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Tanning a cow hide the modern way-Johan Greyling design

Ingenious!

User

Exactly , that is what I said regarding this project. Johan Greyling cut two hundred and forty meters of thongs out of one cow hide yesterday and is busy working it to thongs for "riempies banke and riempies stoele:
    You are more than welcome to order riempies for your chair or bench...

Some interesting figures:
    Forty millimeter wide thongs from one cow hide gives you about fifty meters to fifty five meters of thongs.

Sixteen millimeters wide thongs give you between two hundred and forty to two hundred and fifty meters of thongs.

User

Update; The current tanning machine Johan Greyling build to tan leather thongs is a real success ..Johan Greyling had already made a lot of thongs . Johan is currently busy constructing a hand operating machine to tan a whole skin. Here are some photos of this project..we will be completing it this coming week.
    One side of the tanning contraption:

Drilling holes to put it together :

Will upload as we make progress:

Gert this is very interesting - Subscribed to see how the “whole skin” machine evolves and functions. Unfortunately I cannot view the photos of the thong machine due to the issues with photobucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Yes , BandK, it really is unfortunate the Photo bucket company has revert to the third party nonsens. It just is not possible to pay R4000 /400 usa dollars to have access to the photos in my threads, it also is impossible to find all the photos and paste it again..I believe Photobucket company will in the future revert back to the old system since they lost a lot of subscribers.

This new hide tanning system is going to be interesting for sure...I am assisting Johan Greyling to build this item, he has all the knowledge and I will definitely will learn something new from his as usual...

Yo, thats cool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2