User

Default Last Alouette III and Pumas leave LMB Rundu for the final time, November 1989

User

Default Re: Last Alouette III and Pumas leave LMB Rundu for the final time, November 1989

Stunning. I know that hard stand so well, did many a sortie to Mavinga from this base! C160 with Hooper, Modular and Packer.

User

Default Re: Last Alouette III and Pumas leave LMB Rundu for the final time, November 1989

I cannot imagine what it must have been like for a place that for so long, saw so much activity and then... it's all over.

User

Aparrently the Nam gubbermunt discovered a complete air base in the bush somewhere up north a few years ago. Off course they had no idea which one it was or how it got there...

That video make me sad .........
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Aparrently the Nam gubbermunt discovered a complete air base in the bush somewhere up north a few years ago. Off course they had no idea which one it was or how it got there...
    Probably Omega.........:)

Amazing thank you for sharing I enjoyed that, but it also saddened me.

User

This is my Logbook for March 1988.......67 hours, that was a lot of flying back then. The RU is Rundu and the X was Mavinga, flying in G5 ammo and troops. Flip I miss this so much, the friends and the whole vibe!

User

From what I understand the C-160 was an excellent aircraft too. That CAPT Vice, his first name wouldn't happen to start with a V too would it?

User

Walter now flies 747's for DAW.