User

Default Hunting in North West and Natal - legal help please!

I recently relocated to the Hartbeespoort area and have the opportunity to go and hunt near Brits in the North West as well as near New Castle in KZN. As I have done all my previous hunting in the Eastern and Western Cape, I want to know if there are any other bylaws or procedures that exist in these provinces.

Also, where do I go and buy hunting permits for these two provinces? The farm in the KZN has been standing vacant for many years and the owner is not exactly sure which species I might encounter. Are there any protected antelope species that I should avoid shooting there? I kind of like the idea of not knowing exactly what I can bump into...I'll take my Winchester .375 H&H along just in case...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

User

Kaspaas, i am residing in Namibia, thus my proposal may be of the road, but come to think of it, there really is only one authority to obtain this information from and that is your regional Wildlife Concervation Office. Another body which may be able to assist you with answers is SAPHA.

If it was me - i would have contacted them both.

If you do not get the info you require - pm me and i will give you my brothers number. He does a lot of hunting in the NW and he will be able to get you on the right track.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas View Post
    I recently relocated to the Hartbeespoort area and have the opportunity to go and hunt near Brits in the North West as well as near New Castle in KZN. As I have done all my previous hunting in the Eastern and Western Cape, I want to know if there are any other bylaws or procedures that exist in these provinces.

Also, where do I go and buy hunting permits for these two provinces? The farm in the KZN has been standing vacant for many years and the owner is not exactly sure which species I might encounter. Are there any protected antelope species that I should avoid shooting there? I kind of like the idea of not knowing exactly what I can bump into...I'll take my Winchester .375 H&H along just in case...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

User

cant comment on natal, but since i live in N-west and hunt about twice a week and i am a member of sahgca as a dedicated hunter status , i have come to learn that the n-west has of the most relaxed hunting laws. most important is to have written permission from the land owner for hunting on his land

User

Thanks guys!

User

Try get the Hunting Ordanances for both areas.
    That will give you the seasons, protected animals, and bag limits.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

I suppose it also depends on where in KZN the farm is. If you are in northern zululand near the big parks or large lakes or rivers, hippo or even buff may be present.