User

Default News24 - clearly pushing anti-gun agenda

There is a clear push in an anti-gun direction by this website in the last few days. Anybody know what links they or their shareholders have with known anti's? They need to get called out for pushing this with the incorrect facts!

https://www.news24.com/parent/family...dates-20211109

https://www.news24.com/parent/family...-home-20211108

For example comments that SA's gun crime is due to weak gun controls! WTF.

Default Re: News24 - clearly pushing anti-gun agenda

So the first article. Is subscribers only. But in paragraph I can read i says house robberies went up.

So meaning the SAPS clearly not winning against criminals. So what do they want the public to do then. Just give up?

Second one. To bad for this guy. He is upset and does not like the person the mother of his kid is dating. So what. Go see a psychiatrist and get over it. Just because she picked someone else over him. And he now feels shit about it and his feelings is hurt. He now hates the partner. Thats an issue with him. He should be glad the partner is willing to protect his kid should something happen like in first aricle.

User

Journalists, like Academics are generally (though thankfully not uniformly) far more left leaning than the populace as a whole, and tend to be more in favor of leftist pet projects like abortion, gun control, Climate Change hysteria etc. They need to be fact checked and have their narratives challeged.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Journalists, like Academics are generally (though thankfully not uniformly) far more left leaning than the populace as a whole, and tend to be more in favor of leftist pet projects like abortion, gun control, Climate Change hysteria etc. They need to be fact checked and have their narratives challeged.
    Or be taught the value of a good old PK to wake them up.

User

"Journalism" is also largely dead at least as far as hard news and analysis is concerned. The vast majority of what is now classed as journalism is really just content creation for the purpose of generating clicks with clickbaity and hysterical headlines. My wife came from that world and reckons that her old journo colleagues have all given it up in favour of becoming 'communications consultants' where they don't even have to pretend to be balanced and impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    "Journalism" is also largely dead at least as far as hard news and analysis is concerned. The vast majority of what is now classed as journalism is really just content creation for the purpose of generating clicks with clickbaity and hysterical headlines. My wife came from that world and reckons that her old journo colleagues have all given it up in favour of becoming 'communications consultants' where they don't even have to pretend to be balanced and impartial.
    This.

User

I had one of the links pulled a while ago, but I see it is up again:
    https://www.news24.com/parent/family...ldren-20210622

because the article it refered to gave a different conclusion to what was referenced in the article. I see that they now have a disclaimre saying that the articles stats were updated after publication. Bollocks.

P.S. their Legal expert who is cited in all these articles is a cape town divorce lawyer.

User

News 24 does not provide journalism nor provides the news as is - it is all opinion pieces and click-bait.