Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best ammo for a 10/22

Hi all

What ammo do you guys find the most reliable in a 10/22 ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

User

Default Re: Best ammo for a 10/22

I have been using mainly CCI Standard Velocity. They have been reliable, as long as I kept the 25 shot Ruger mags clean. I also strip it regularly and clean the bolt, bolt rail, etc. I have also used Winchester Target (T22?, not the white box stuff) with reasonable success. I suspect that it may be slightly more reliable with HV ammo and I was impressed with S&B HV ammo with plated bullets. I used that in my S&W M41 with good success (it is very finicky), but not yet in the 10/22.

User

Mine likes any 22 ammo with plated round-nosed bullets. For best reliablility I prefer HV's, but when clean it even feeds subsonics well.

Keep the mags clean!

User

When I got my 10-22 TD I started off with a few bricks of Guerilla. I had stoppages with every second shot. I nearly lost it but a good man with the name of Tim .22 took it and put it through lots of different makes of ammo. The outcome is: it is now very reliable with any of the brands I could get. Actually no more stoppages. Load a Guerilla and the nightmare started again. We then shot the guerrillas through a friends fairly old 10-22, with not a single stoppage. I gave all the Guerillas to my friend and I am very happy with this little rifle. It seems that individual .22 guns have some likes and dislikes in some ammo.

User

What accuracy are you guys getting from the 10-22s

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Carip, will let you know next week, going to sight my target tactical with bull barrel this saturday. Either gonna be very happy on saturday evening or very p@#$ off, not to even mention the rugby.

User

Rimfires are notoriously finicky. Just because certain ammunition works well in one 10/22 is no guarantee it will work well in yours.

User

Quote Originally Posted by cdbeagle View Post
    Rimfires are notoriously finicky. Just because certain ammunition works well in one 10/22 is no guarantee it will work well in yours.
    As Mr cdbeagle said,
    But I found Sellier and Bellot High Velocity to work the best with my rimfire rifles and even with the pistols.

Tested my 10:22 and found the following in order of grouping,

No 1: CCI Standard velocity
    No 2: Winchester Match
    No 3: CCI Green tag
    No 4: Remington Sub Sonic
    No 5: Federal Standard Velocity

all brands functioned perfectly with no malfunctions, tested batches of 5 using a BX 15 mag. The Winchester match sounded hotter than the other Standard velocity brands (will Chrony next time) and the Federal sounded and felt softer than even the Remington subsonic.

Best group of the day at 50 meters was a 5 shot group in 25mm, but rifle is brand new and barrel still has to be shot in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by nevervolunteer View Post
    Tested my 10:22 and found the following in order of grouping,

No 1: CCI Standard velocity
    No 2: Winchester Match
    No 3: CCI Green tag
    No 4: Remington Sub Sonic
    No 5: Federal Standard Velocity

all brands functioned perfectly with no malfunctions, tested batches of 5 using a BX 15 mag. The Winchester match sounded hotter than the other Standard velocity brands (will Chrony next time) and the Federal sounded and felt softer than even the Remington subsonic.

Best group of the day at 50 meters was a 5 shot group in 25mm, but rifle is brand new and barrel still has to be shot in.
    Sounds good -- any pics of the groups for the different brands?

I am in the process of running in a CZ512, semi, and would very much like to have an idea of what works best... Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast