Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: My first gun

User

Default Re: My first gun

lol. No worries, at least you have the Shield which show a certain level of taste and class!

User

Too true, and if I had not dithered so much and looked at all the handguns available in the shop, I'd have the M&P 9c as well.

User

Co op

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I see you a PE boy, where you buy this Canik pistol ?
    At CO OP circular drive

User

Hello members
    I recently decided to take the plunge and pursue purchasing my first firearm (handgun). This is after a few years of shooting at ranges in Cape Town, with various handguns and rifles. I've always had a huge interest in sport/target shooting but realise I need a number of questions answered before I spend real money.

Coming across this thread yesterday and reading the messages of Kinan et al, I knew this was the place to be, hahaha. I have read the FCA (particularly s11 onwards) so I believe I would be looking to pursue a dedicated sports shooting licence.

What is certain is that I don't have that much experience, practically, in the world of firearms so while I understand certain aspects in theory, I would ask for practical insights from experienced people such as yourselves.

Questions:
    * Is False Bay gun club a good place to do my competency? And to join as my club. I live in the area but will travel if there is better.
    * Should I think about an occasional sports shooting licence rather than dedicated?
    * Which gun shop is reputable and would be the best to build a long term relationship with? I would like to purchase my first handgun here, as well as a rifle in time. (in Cape Town surrounds). I also factor in maintenence and support, long term.
    * Can I do tactical shooting anywhere, rather than just targets?
    * The big question, which handgun should I buy first? Note below:
    * I don't mind spending the money to buy an objectively good gun. (albeit, over 12-15k might be a bit much).
    * I would want a gun that can be easily supported and maintained. This makes me think a Glock etc, would be best.
    * I would like to carry it edc too. I am 5.7 but stocky so any views on this? I ask as I won't be able to see every gun out there to compare but I do want a larger mag capacity, with accuracy. I originally thought a glock 26 or 43 but this isn't great for the range (primary focus), no?
    * I think I am looking at Cz-po7 (big), Sig p320c, or glock 19.

I apologise for the long post but it's a big decision with many factors that go into it. I also don't want to rush it.

I welcome any and all views, questions and feedback.
    Thanks guys

User

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Hello members
    I recently decided to take the plunge and pursue purchasing my first firearm (handgun). This is after a few years of shooting at ranges in Cape Town, with various handguns and rifles. I've always had a huge interest in sport/target shooting but realise I need a number of questions answered before I spend real money.

Coming across this thread yesterday and reading the messages of Kinan et al, I knew this was the place to be, hahaha. I have read the FCA (particularly s11 onwards) so I believe I would be looking to pursue a dedicated sports shooting licence.

What is certain is that I don't have that much experience, practically, in the world of firearms so while I understand certain aspects in theory, I would ask for practical insights from experienced people such as yourselves.

Questions:
    * Is False Bay gun club a good place to do my competency? And to join as my club. I live in the area but will travel if there is better.
    * Should I think about an occasional sports shooting licence rather than dedicated?
    * Which gun shop is reputable and would be the best to build a long term relationship with? I would like to purchase my first handgun here, as well as a rifle in time. (in Cape Town surrounds). I also factor in maintenence and support, long term.
    * Can I do tactical shooting anywhere, rather than just targets?
    * The big question, which handgun should I buy first? Note below:
    * I don't mind spending the money to buy an objectively good gun. (albeit, over 12-15k might be a bit much).
    * I would want a gun that can be easily supported and maintained. This makes me think a Glock etc, would be best.
    * I would like to carry it edc too. I am 5.7 but stocky so any views on this? I ask as I won't be able to see every gun out there to compare but I do want a larger mag capacity, with accuracy. I originally thought a glock 26 or 43 but this isn't great for the range (primary focus), no?
    * I think I am looking at Cz-po7 (big), Sig p320c, or glock 19.

I apologise for the long post but it's a big decision with many factors that go into it. I also don't want to rush it.

I welcome any and all views, questions and feedback.
    Thanks guys
    Hi, I trust you’ve posted in the intro section?
    False Bay is good for fun or sport shooting, check out their web site for more details. They do have a small gun shop so that helps.
    I’m my opinion an all round 9mm pistol for EDC and beginner sport shooting would be G19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Thanks very much. I haven't but I'll post there now

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17