Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Newbie - seeking info on SAPS rubber bullets / baton rounds

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So if SAPS head office does not give out this information. Then anyone giving you answers on your question, that is not in the SAPS higher ranks who deal with these scenario's. Will only be giving you speculation and mis information answers. As surely they also would not have been able to obtain the answer from the SAPS.

How can you possibly not know what GFSA is? I most of the times read people pretty well. As I did study human behavior as well when I did my studies.

And in most cases when a person avoids a question quickly or says they dont know a certain thing. In the way you did when asked about GFSA. And you asked what it is. And the fact you mentioned your a policy researcher who gives out advice. And you dont know what or who is GFSA. This to me lets some red lights go on.
    As I believe you know exactly who GFSA is. Might be affiliated. Therefor you took the route of saying you dont know them.
    As you should know them being a policy researcher and occasional advisory and fact checker for journalist.

Sorry but ive got red lights going off around you and your intentions regarding your questions.
    And I advice people not to go into discussion with you at all.
    +1000000000000

User

I suppose an introductory post at this point in time is not required

Quote Originally Posted by researchze View Post
    Grettings everyone,
    I didn't mean to cause any controversy. Not sure what's GFSA, but as stated I'm not a journalist. In my personal capacity have helped to correct unfactual reporting via social media advisories, write-ins, etc. I didn't have any intention of twisting facts or nailing anyone.

I can appreciate SAPS guys have probably learned the hard way to keep your head down. Unfortunately SAPS head office doesn't like to provide this info. I would argue this basic info would improve understanding of police work and build trust at a time when there is too much misunderstanding and not enough trust.

Basically... Sorry!
    You still have not identified who or what organisation you do policy research for?

I can only think of a #feesmustfall protester who need to use this info as they want to put the cops in a bad light

Thus some proof/clarification on your part would help your cause,

That said:

I sell the rubber balls that can be loaded into a shot shell as less than lethal ammo

Weight of the ball is about 3.8 grams which is about 58 grains (A 9mm bullet ranges between 115gr to 147grain).

Diameter 17mm

The balls are hard. Though made of rubber they do not bounce if dropped. (I do not know the Shore Hardness)

To be non-lethal they would have to be downloaded.

Even with a reduced charge close range/point blank firing will seriously injure or kill (IIRC A couple of years ago a protester in Ficksburg was shot in the chest Point Blank with rubber shot and died)

Whilst shooting at the ground may be required, it only guarantees that you will hit the ground and not your intended target, increasing the likelihood that bystanders do get hit.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Navarone View Post
    I suppose an introductory post at this point in time is not required
    There's one in the intro section.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Sorry but ive got red lights going off around you and your intentions regarding your questions.
    And I advice people not to go into discussion with you at all.
    How can anyone who interacts with the press in SA not know exactly who GFSA is?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    How can anyone who interacts with the press in SA not know exactly who GFSA is?
    Are you not assuming too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by researchze View Post
    Grettings everyone,
    I didn't mean to cause any controversy. Not sure what's GFSA, but as stated I'm not a journalist. In my personal capacity have helped to correct unfactual reporting via social media advisories, write-ins, etc. I didn't have any intention of twisting facts or nailing anyone.

I can appreciate SAPS guys have probably learned the hard way to keep your head down. Unfortunately SAPS head office doesn't like to provide this info. I would argue this basic info would improve understanding of police work and build trust at a time when there is too much misunderstanding and not enough trust.

Basically... Sorry!
    Maybe a 3rd party on the forum can verify your credentials for us.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Are you not assuming too much?

Anyone who has ever read anything in the papers with regards to firearms has come across the term GFSA. Heck recently there have been GFSA comments on disarming the Police. If the OP does what he does, then he'd have to have come across the group. IF he hasn't, what is his basis for "fact checking".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Anyone who has ever read anything in the papers with regards to firearms has come across the term GFSA. Heck recently there have been GFSA comments on disarming the Police. If the OP does what he does, then he'd have to have come across the group. IF he hasn't, what is his basis for "fact checking".
    As was stated he was directed by Skaaphaas.

But then again I am big and stupid. So you might be correct. But I won't assume anything because of it.

I directed him from the intro subforum to this one.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast