Default Assistance needed with testing silencer please?

Good afternoon

I would really appreciate it if anybody that has a Tikka 243 that is threaded for a standard size 14x1 silencer could assist me by testing a new silencer as I have a new silencer that was given to me for a test that I wanted to do for myself.

I had planned to have the thread cut for a silencer on my rifle after the silencers reached me but after several visits to a gunsmith I am not overly convinced I am making the right decision to have it cut here and secondly it would seem that I would have to redo the finishing on my stainless steel barre afterwards which is not an option if it can't be done without scratching my barrell's coating.

For now my priority is that I have to test the silencer and decide which one if at all is infact the one I want.

I am by no means going to compare one brand of silencer/suppressor against another as I have infact been present when such test's were conducted previously and quite frankly there is always unhappiness and remorse afterwards about the testing equipment types,methods,data accuracy and the accuracy and validity of the tests done and of the people that conducted them.

I am very fortunate to have an exceptionaly kind and confident gentleman from a silencer manufacturing company give me a couple to test for my own intended purpose and usage afterwards and hence I just wanted to test these and see which one works for me.

Obviously my rifle thread will have to be cut by a qualified person who has the ability to do it in the correct way and hence I cant wait too long but have decided to test it on a similar gun now.

I have a Tikka model 595(Same action as Tikka T3) in 243 caliber that I use for varminting and hunting and hence if ANYONE with a similar Tikka 243 that has a standard threaded 14x1 thereaded barrel could allow me shoot it in your presence obviously I would highly appreciate your assistance and effort.

I do not require you to bring ammunition nor pay any range fees as that will be for my account obviously.

I am in Pretoria East and would like to shoot it outdoors just as I would be using it in future.
    I will be able to go to a range in the Pretoria area when it suits you.

Please contact me if you are able to help me.

Once again my sincere appreciation in advance as this is a big deal for me and it means quite a lot to me to select the correct one.

User

Default Re: Assistance needed with testing silencer please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Good afternoon

I would really appreciate it if anybody that has a Tikka 243 that is threaded for a standard size 14x1 silencer could assist me by testing a new silencer as I have a new silencer that was given to me for a test that I wanted to do for myself.

I had planned to have the thread cut for a silencer on my rifle after the silencers reached me but after several visits to a gunsmith I am not overly convinced I am making the right decision to have it cut here and secondly it would seem that I would have to redo the finishing on my stainless steel barre afterwards which is not an option if it can't be done without scratching my barrell's coating.

For now my priority is that I have to test the silencer and decide which one if at all is infact the one I want.

I am by no means going to compare one brand of silencer/suppressor against another as I have infact been present when such test's were conducted previously and quite frankly there is always unhappiness and remorse afterwards about the testing equipment types,methods,data accuracy and the accuracy and validity of the tests done and of the people that conducted them.

I am very fortunate to have an exceptionaly kind and confident gentleman from a silencer manufacturing company give me a couple to test for my own intended purpose and usage afterwards and hence I just wanted to test these and see which one works for me.

Obviously my rifle thread will have to be cut by a qualified person who has the ability to do it in the correct way and hence I cant wait too long but have decided to test it on a similar gun now.

I have a Tikka model 595(Same action as Tikka T3) in 243 caliber that I use for varminting and hunting and hence if ANYONE with a similar Tikka 243 that has a standard threaded 14x1 thereaded barrel could allow me shoot it in your presence obviously I would highly appreciate your assistance and effort.

I do not require you to bring ammunition nor pay any range fees as that will be for my account obviously.

I am in Pretoria East and would like to shoot it outdoors just as I would be using it in future.
    I will be able to go to a range in the Pretoria area when it suits you.

Please contact me if you are able to help me.

Once again my sincere appreciation in advance as this is a big deal for me and it means quite a lot to me to select the correct one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No message attached to your post reply JP01

User

Sorry was reading the post and must have accidentally posted a reply!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk