Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Home security camera alert system

Have a look at the Paradox outdoor passives.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    Voice alert is not rain proof, so put it under a shelter. Lasted < a week here in CT.

Rather go for IP cameras and on-screen zones.
    I would recommend Voice Alert.

My Voice / text alert system has been working well for over 5 years now without issue, the two original PIR's I got at the time are positioned where they are exposed to direct sunlight for most of the day.

After our last incident about a year ago however (The BG's had "tested" my system for a few weeks prior to hitting us, and knew where we were exposed), I have installed a whole lot more Voice Alert PIR's to cover the entire house perimeter, and not just the access points.

They are expensive, as you say - R1.5k - R2k each, but I have found them very weather proof and durable, and the nice thing is that they are wireless, and therefore very easy to relocate / re-position if required. Also They only need a (9v) battery change about once a year. I also don't have too many false alarms (if any).

My analogue CCTV system is not used as an early warning system at all, and that function is disabled, as with that, the alarm gets set off if a bird on the neighbours plot farts.
    Last edited by tedl; 04-11-2016 at 20:21. Reason: Grammar

User

Agreed on CCTV being useless for early warning. The only real use that I get with mine is when the alarm triggers at 2am it gives me eyes outside without needing to leave the living area of the house.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

I just set up a Hikvision 8 camera system with remote viewing from my cellphone. Nice to be able to see what's happening should the alarm go off and I am at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having CCTV with remote viewing is a must.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3