Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: PRICE MATCHING: YOUR VIEW

As a rule I always ask for discount. Nothing wrong with trying to bargain for better value for money. Sometimes I'll walk away from buying something simply because the seller is not willing to negotiate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    As a rule I always ask for discount. Nothing wrong with trying to bargain for better value for money. Sometimes I'll walk away from buying something simply because the seller is not willing to negotiate.
    Do retail outlets actually go for that? I don't like asking for a discount, if I don't like the price I go somewhere else

I feel too stupid to ask for discount.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    I'm going to use gunshop names here because I think its appropriate. I was in the market for a Howa 1500 heavy barrel .308. Camdix had for 10K. My LGS, Ihawu, had it for 12,5K. I spoke to Ihawu and asked if they could meet me halfway as I'd prefer to support them. They looked at the numbers and said the margins were very tight. So I said thanks, ordered the rifle from camdix, and paid RAM R600 to courier it to me in Durban. RAM arrived at my home a day early, while I was working on set. I made a quick call- Ihawu were happy to receive the delivery for me. When I went there to fetch the rifle, they even helped me put the barreled action into the stock and use their torque wrenches to set everything up properly.

Moral of the story- support local if you can, build good relationships, and generally be lekka
    This is very bad for the credit card!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Same here, especially the bigger the purchase the harder the bargain! I even ask for discount at checkers, drives my wife crazy. All of my guns I have got some sort of discount, and if not a discount at least some free ammo!

User

Generally, items I have wanted, have been priced very well locally. The only exceptions have been some shell-holders I needed in a hurry. Those were expensive in relation to the average price of similar items.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Agree.
    If I want a better price I shop around.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Usually when I buy I have done some research. If the price is in the range of what I expected the I just pay.

If it is to high I will ask for a discount. I have received discounts at the strangest places. One is my go to hardware (not builders as they are to big and can't be bothered to speak to a normal person) now I get 10% on average off the shelf price. That's nice.

I have also asked for discounts at some odd stores. Some of the cashiers just stare others just give a discount. My closest GS is relatively expensive compared to most around them. I tend to shop elsewhere.

User

We all like to get a good deal and I will for sure negotiate a price on a costly item.
    But to quote a price on a locally made item that is not in stock, while many others actually do have it in stock, is somewhat opportunistic I think.

User

I buy from people I like to do business with. Sometimes it means I pay a touch more. Sometimes a little less.

But I find I get better value that way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast