Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sig Sauer news

Default Re: Sig Sauer news

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    Deal done paid for license going in tomorrow

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk
    Congrats! Excellent 1911 out of the box. Just passed a 1000 rounds on the weekend...not one malfunction yet.

Still struggling to shoot it properly though....
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Hi Duane
    I see you have posted last year that Sauer supplier has changed. I have recently reviewed the comments on the Sauer 100 which seems very positive, however overseas it sells for under US700 for it is aimed at the entry level. Locally it sells for double that amount(R18500). Which is only a fraction lower than the Sauer 101. Most of the other Sauer models are on level price overseas and here. It seems the local importer is cashing in on the Sauer name on what is suppose to be a entry level segment rifle, which is disappointing.

User

Sadly, a price multiplier of ~26 isn't too surprising. Let's say the order was placed 6-9 months ago - the exchange rate was around R14/$1 at the time. That multiplier gets 15% customs duty, 7% ad valorem, and VAT added for a base price multiplier of R19.88/$1 (ie. R13,916 per rifle) before you even look at shipping, export permits, import permits, and any profit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocir View Post
    Hi DuaneI see you have posted last year that Sauer supplier has changed. I have recently reviewed the comments on the Sauer 100 which seems very positive, however overseas it sells for under US700 for it is aimed at the entry level. Locally it sells for double that amount(R18500). Which is only a fraction lower than the Sauer 101. Most of the other Sauer models are on level price overseas and here. It seems the local importer is cashing in on the Sauer name on what is suppose to be a entry level segment rifle, which is disappointing.
    This has fuck all to do with the paying advertiser whose paid for section you are posting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocir View Post
    Hi Duane
    I see you have posted last year that Sauer supplier has changed. I have recently reviewed the comments on the Sauer 100 which seems very positive, however overseas it sells for under US700 for it is aimed at the entry level. Locally it sells for double that amount(R18500). Which is only a fraction lower than the Sauer 101. Most of the other Sauer models are on level price overseas and here. It seems the local importer is cashing in on the Sauer name on what is suppose to be a entry level segment rifle, which is disappointing.
    First off, my rifle knowledge is limited, that's why this thread is about Sig Sauer handguns. Second, South African firearms and related pricing has been discussed a few times on Gunsite, I suggest you do a search. it's not as simple or straight forward as you may think.

And please do think that anyone in the SA gun business is out to screw anyone....it is a tough old business to survive in.
    www.480bc.co.za

signews.jpg

The parts shipment has arrived....as soon as we have the price list we will update.

If you need anything, e-mail me and let's discuss.

duane@480bc.co.za
    www.480bc.co.za

The new Sig Sauer parts shipment is ready! Please see pricing below. We are placing our order today.

If you want to add something please email us this morning. duane@480bc.co.za

sigparts.jpg
    www.480bc.co.za

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3