Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 1882 Black Powder hunt at Weltevreden farm 2017 ( 3rd hunt)

Thank you Finkelstein, I really appreciate your advice. Yes, this load development really is extremely interesting. I have just paper patched a .458 dia bullet to a .472 dia to shoot in my MH. I am currently paper patching numerous different weighted .458 bullets to .485 -.472 to shoot in my MH. Will upload results.

Finkelstein, a friend of mine in Belgium just said to me , the hang fire phenomenon is due to a too big case with smokeless load (small) like a 35 gn load... not the primer...

User

I moving this part of the thread to another thread..Re-loading the Westley Richards Specially made for the ZAR thread....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Thank you Finkelstein, I really appreciate your advice. Yes, this load development really is extremely interesting. I have just paper patched a .458 dia bullet to a .472 dia to shoot in my MH. I am currently paper patching numerous different weighted .458 bullets to .485 -.472 to shoot in my MH. Will upload results.

Finkelstein, a friend of mine in Belgium just said to me , the hang fire phenomenon is due to a too big case with smokeless load (small) like a 35 gn load... not the primer...
    Which is the recipe for Ignition.
    Gert, from a friend to a friend, STICK TO BLACKPOWDER IN A MARTINI HENRY!

User

Finkelstein, I will commence with the re-loading updates on the Re-loading the Martini Henry specially made for the ZAR..

User

Finkelstein, yes, I will commence with black powder again tomorrow. It is not he smokeless powder that did the trick..it is figuring out the correct diameter bullet...

User

Update:
    I am currently preparing for this upcoming hunt. I will upload some photos of all the items I am taking along.
    There are two places available for persons interested to participate in this hunt. If you have been following the previous hunting threads I am sure you will have an idea what is required of a person who want to participate.
    Focus will be on knowledge regarding the Voortrekkers and their way of living as well as the Boer Hunters /Trekkers ....If possible the correct attire/clothes and own tent is needed. Hunting alone on foot with a black powder rifle only...currently a package of a kudu, 3x impala, 3x warthogs is part of the hunt ..every participating hunter pays R1000 for the week, all shot game meat will be divided between participating hunters that consist of biltong/dry wors and meat...
    Contact e at 0842062257

Banned

Maybe a stupid question but does the bag limit listed (1 kudu, 3 impalas, 3 warthogs) apply to the hunters as a group or for each individual? Either way R1000 is very cheap ($75 US if my exchange rate table is correct.)

User

Patocazador
    These are the animals/game that need to be hunted , first come first serve, any hunter can shoot at any , one kudu, three impala and three warthog...all the meat is then processed in the camp into biltong, game sausage( droee wors) and meat for the pot.All meat is then divided between participant hunters , biltong ect... We use this meat for our daily food and cooking around the camp fire, the skins we use to make thongs ...the last two days a hunter is allowed to hunt with smokeless rifles for his own use and pay for himself ...the prices on the game is extremely good and remember no day fees ... The R1000 is covering the kudu, 3x impala, 3x warthog..every participating hunter pay the R1000.

Banned

Sounds like a great deal. After seeing the exchange rate, I should have realized that it was a stupid question.

User

Here is my latest group shot with a Ardesa Hunter, 45cal , shooting a 344 gn cast bullet , at 50 meters , using 60 gn, FFg black powder.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast