Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Balistol seperating

G'Day Fella's,

264 Win Mag, I have had a similar problem (separation), with the gun oil I use (Sweet's Oil).
    From what I've worked out, Sweet's Oil seems to separate when the temperature gets to cold (like Diesel fuel also does), so I'm wondering if your Balistol is doing the same?
    So, what I try to remember to do come Winter time is, place the bottle in the sun or by the heater prior to needing to use it, then give it a good shake prior to applying it.

From what I understand about it, the white coloured stuff that separates out of the oil, may be Naphthalene, which is a good anti-corrosion substance.

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer

Quote Originally Posted by HomerOz View Post
    G'Day Fella's,

264 Win Mag, I have had a similar problem (separation), with the gun oil I use (Sweet's Oil).
    From what I've worked out, Sweet's Oil seems to separate when the temperature gets to cold (like Diesel fuel also does), so I'm wondering if your Balistol is doing the same?
    So, what I try to remember to do come Winter time is, place the bottle in the sun or by the heater prior to needing to use it, then give it a good shake prior to applying it.

From what I understand about it, the white coloured stuff that separates out of the oil, may be Naphthalene, which is a good anti-corrosion substance.

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer
    Oil was kept in garage and seperation happened in summer, therefore cold weather was not a factor.

Bought the aerosol can of oil which works a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

On the topic of separation. My slip2000 EWL30 also separates, a thicker layer and a thin oil, if I shake it it seems to combine and back to normal. Stored in normal conditions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3