User

Default High Power custom rear sight - Pic Heavy

I have an Older (1977) Browning High Power I acquired a couple of decades ago that I use to carry (State regulation only allowed 9mm or .380) back when I did Private Investigation work in south Florida. When I quit doing PI work I pretty much quit carrying the High Power and went back to 1911's

Recently with the cost of .45acp I've been shooting the High Power as 9mm is a little more wallet friendly.

One of the things I didn't like about this particular High Power was the adjustable rear sight. It sucks. So I contacted a young guy that occasionally hangs out in the 1911 Discussions Forum at AR15.com and inquired as to his interest in building a fixed rear sight to replace the adjustable sight while retaining the Original front sight ................

Ok, I apologize for the crappy pics but my camera like a lot of other things around here is OLD.

The slide on the left (or bottom) is a spare off of my work bench that was given to me by ikor but is identical in configuration to the one I sent to Miller Custom. I've included it for comparison to the sight Bob made for me.

BEFORE

AFTER

The new sight picture is FAST to acquire and much easier on these old eyes. I'll post a range report on how this new sight shoots when I get to the range ... Thursday maybe.
    "There is no second place winner in a gunfight" - B Jordan

Nice job. The sights look like they can be used as decent weapons themselves.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Looks good .
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

i said this before, i really like the safety lever