I used the S&B Short Dot models prior to 2013.

In the spring of 2013 I started using the Kahles K16i with the G4 B reticle, excellent all around.

The only gripe I had was no locking turrets = long days at a match and more possibility to forget if you took clicks out to 300 m for example.

Kahles now has a flip top elevation turret with a slot that you can see through also for your elevation setting.

I used it without issue at national and international level matches up to last winter.

Overall scope wise the Swarovski Z6i has been the main choice for top IPSC rifle shooters here in Europe.

The reason why I am not using the Kahles anymore, is the Z8i with BRT-I reticle, which is everything that the Z6i / Kahles K16i were and more ;)

Having now used the Z8i 1-8x for some time, I can honestly say it has made a difference compared to a 1-6x scope.

Off hand shooting at 17 c, / 6.6" plates at 100 meters is very doable with the scope ( the new comp I am using and the aluminium bolt carrier of course being a part of this combo )

Best strings range c. 3.3 - 3.8 seconds from the beep for 3 shots/hits. If I mess up then in the 5-6 second range.

So I would say the biggest diffence is the improved ability for off hand shooting at longer distances and not compromising anything in other shooting types ( low magnification, closer targets, shooting on the move etc )

It proved to be excellent in use at the IPSC Rifle World Shoot in Russia. Positions 1,2,3 and 7 at least went with Z8i users in Open.

So if money is not an issue, I would look at the Z8i.

The Z6i and K16i also being great choices.