Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Time to uprade my EDC FA..

The Glock +2 mags are fine AFAIK

User

Regarding the +2, I suspect it was the add on, an not the factory +2 mag that had issues in the beginning. (Otherwise a Glock17 mag would also do). I also read the +2 warnings and bought 1 mag in 2013/2014 and used it in IDPA as my primary start mag, that has been dropped a lot, the base hasn't popped off yet. Just a note IPSC shooters would drop mags with ammo in thus the weight may have caused the spilled beans literature....

User

Nothing wrong with my +2 mags.. have a couple more for range use and they haven't let me down yet.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

I use aftermarket plus 2 shoes on 17 mags for sport. They literally just slide on and I've never had an issue. I've been hard on them too.

As far as a grip extension on a mag. The X grip is nice. Don't have it on a spare mag though as it'll pinch you hard when you don't want to pinch.

I use one but onky when I load up that way prior to leaving the house.

User

I have 2 x G19 mag's with plus 2 shoes and have never had an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    Resurecting my thread!

Questions on Magazines
    - so I get 2 x 15 round mags with the Glock 19, should I buy more 15round mags or rather go for 17 round ones with a grip extention for home defence, and for back up when carrying?

It seems that the 15+2 sometimes remove their own baselates, and that is not worth the risk for me..

Obviously I will be EDCing the normal 15 round in the pistol for concealment purposes when out and about..

What is your advice, and why?

Whats the take on a happystick for laying around for home defence?

Thanks in advance!

I did use the search function, but got nothing, except that the +2 shoes are unreliable to trust your life with..
    I have had both OEM styles of +2 come off unexpectedly in a match causing the mag to vomit out all its ammo.

The 33 rounder makes the gun handle poorly in my view.

I would rather run an aftermarket +5/+6.

Or I hear good things about the 22 rounder from Magpul.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Thanks guys for the input!

Didnt know the Xgrip likes to bite.

Seems like it'll be the normal mag in and two 17s om the side for normal EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    Regarding the +2, I suspect it was the add on, an not the factory +2 mag that had issues in the beginning. (Otherwise a Glock17 mag would also do). I also read the +2 warnings and bought 1 mag in 2013/2014 and used it in IDPA as my primary start mag, that has been dropped a lot, the base hasn't popped off yet. Just a note IPSC shooters would drop mags with ammo in thus the weight may have caused the spilled beans literature....
    So you think it is only when dropped that cause the shoe to pop off?

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    I have had both OEM styles of +2 come off unexpectedly in a match causing the mag to vomit out all its ammo.

The 33 rounder makes the gun handle poorly in my view.

I would rather run an aftermarket +5/+6.

Or I hear good things about the 22 rounder from Magpul.
    Is this when loading the mag or loading into FA or dropped, or just randomly?

You reckon the aftermarket +5/+6 shoes are better - one should probably not load them to full capacity?
    I think these would probably be good for HD with a similar spare or two?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    So you think it is only when dropped that cause the shoe to pop off?
    More in the lines of I haven't had the issue, dropping/loading/shooting etc, but I do not drop mags with ammo in them.

The reason for mentioning, still loaded with ammo it gives more weight and thus hits the ground with more force. (some get thrown to the ground during reloads)
    A mag that "randomly" looses it's baseplate was probably dislodge when dropped previously already, or has been disassembled multiple times and the catches worn out.

User

If you want 17rds as a backup or spare, rather get a G17 mag.
    Happy stick sounds like a good idea in theory but rather spend the grand on ammo or training or more standard mags.

When you read so many cases of the +2's falling/knocked off, you have to ask if it's worth it in a defensive gun.
    In a self defense situation you might be knocked to the ground or land on your mag pouch and maybe it knocks it loose and then when you need to reload (for more ammo or due to a mag malfunction) then you might be in trouble.

Do you even need an X-grip on a G19 using a 17 mag ? Your fingers should already fit well on the G19's grip. I only use an X-Grip with my G26 with a G19 mag because I hate how it feels without it and it makes it easier to draw the gun.

Recall that even +2 glock mags did it in the beginning and then the design was altered.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast