Default CZ 527 Varmint in 223 Rem Review

Let me start with the fact I'm the one to usually scour the internet for reviews on anything before making a purchase but not make one myself, so maybe it is time to give a little back as well as the fact it impresses me every time I shoot with it.

The CZ 527 comes in .223 remington, has a free floating barrel, 5 round magazine, set trigger and bull barrel.
    Upon un-boxing the walnut wood stock is appealing and comfortable to shoot. I particularly like the set trigger on the rifle. The two stage setting is useful for varmint shooting in the field and when at the range it can be set forward for a light and crisp single stage pull. The single stage trigger is helpful for longer range shots.
    I have mounted a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 scope with CZ scope rings and a Harris bi-pod.
    IMG_0201.jpg

I initially fired around 40 cheap pmp rounds through the barrel before starting to do load development. The pmp rounds grouped terribly, however I used them simply to wear the rifle in and have the formed brass.
    The most accurate grouping I had was using Hornady V-Max bullets 55gr with 24.5gr of powder and pmp brass. I had a grouping of about 13mm (0.5 MOA) at 100m and the average speed was 3202fps.
    IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_02351.jpg

A few months later I went out to Brits to see how the rifle would handle at longer distances and was pleasantly surprised. The range goes out to 600yards and within 4 shots I was able to get onto the steel plate. There was roughly a 5-8km/h cross wind judging from the flags and mirage movement along the length of the range and despite a low BC of 0.255 I was able to consistently land on steel whilst the wind remained constant.
    IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg

All in all a fantastic rifle for varminting and target practise.

User

Default Re: CZ 527 Varmint in 223 Rem Review

Thanks very much for the review

User

Thank you

Not a problem, hope it has been informative

Ive got the 527 in 22 Hornet. And everyone said the hornet is tricky.
    But im getting with PRVI 45g and Sierra 45g .5moa to .75moa at a 100m.

The 527 range is very capable with accuracy.