Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Angry Truvelo Rifle - Admin Stuff Up

bought a 50 BMG from NSN guns in Pretoria .on the 14 of October 2016 . moved the fire arm to Middelburg went to the DFO to apply for my licence . that is when the the fire arm is exported ,as on crf records . after numeral calls we drove thru to truvelo ,to no avail . still waiting .

Default Re: Why not to buy a Truvelo

Thread closed shotly... or deleted. ( The pessimist in me)

Sorry for the F up P B
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

A poor attempt at trying to make Truvello look bad, since the lack of information leads me to believe that, that was the sole purpose of the thread. Given CFR's reputation for stellar paperwork, pray tell how you know for certain the fault lies squarely with Truvelo?

User

You're understandably upset. But it's not really a Truvelo brandname problem, it's rather a gunshop problem.

User

Maybe he's not exactly blaming the company but just pissed because he spent a shit load of money just to encounter such a stupid problem, I'd be pissed to.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post
    Maybe he's not exactly blaming the company but just pissed because he spent a shit load of money just to encounter such a stupid problem, I'd be pissed to.
    No, he does state implicitly in his title that his thread states the reason not to buy a Truvelo. In his post, it's obvious he blames Truvelo and expects them to sort out the licencing issue with CFR.
    If I read his post though, he should be speaking to NSN, as it should be on their dealer stock.

You mention driving down to Truvelo but do not bother to tell us what they had to say if anything.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    No, he does state implicitly in his title that his thread states the reason not to buy a Truvelo. In his post, it's obvious he blames Truvelo and expects them to sort out the licencing issue with CFR.
    If I read his post though, he should be speaking to NSN, as it should be on their dealer stock.
    Yeah you're probably right, let's wait to see when OP elaborates.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Botha View Post
    as on crf records
    Yeah, I imagine that's the problem right there.

As an example of how spectacularly CFR can get things wrong, my wife's G26, bought brand new from a dealer, was recorded on CFR's system as a .45 ACP HMC

This required a trip back to the gun store to obtain a gun smith's report to confirm that the FA was, in fact, a 9mmP pistol. Only once we had this report would the DFO accept the license application.

Considering the SA market for R100k plus FAs would be rather limited, I imagine that a company like Truvelo would get something as simple as the paperwork right so as not to piss off their clients (I have no interests in Truvelo whatsoever).

The most of Truvelo's 50BMG's are for the export market so a mistake like this could be understood. I think the OP is claiming that Truvelo had provided CFR with the incorrect details. Quiet why this should translate into a need to flame the product is a little beyond me though.

I have dealt with Truvelo's MD and his wife (the Ops Director) and have found them to be professional and helpful.

Perhaps the OP should establish at which point matters went wrong and then home in on that point.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast