Default GIRLS ON FIRE CAMEO - CHANGED MINDSETS - LYNETTE

Cameo's please..

Hi there all,

Here is my take on a Cameo for this year. I know that there is wonderful prizes for the best Meme, but please also send us your cameos for this year. This is where we started the campaign last year and I would like it to be a success once more this year!

Lynette for Girls On Fire!

Default Re: GIRLS ON FIRE CAMEO - CHANGED MINDSETS - LYNETTE

a 2c opinion, from one that came equipped with a "dumb stick":

While I support all the memes submitted so far - I like the chord that this one strikes. It speaks about level headed, responsible firearm ownership from a woman’s perspective, and the need for self defence. So, IMO, it ticks all the boxes and telegraphs the right message.

The ones showing a mother prepared to protect her child/children are also particularly effective.

I am less enthused by the ones where the subjects are holding what are clearly sporting firearms (MSRs and the like), and at the same time threaten violence. Getting more woman into sport shooting is great, and a valuable message in its own right, but (for example) saying that I will "use my tricked out AR to blow your balls to hell" does not do the cause much good.

Good luck with the competition – and a BIG THANK YOU to all that are putting effort into this and especially to those creating and submitting memes!!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    a 2c opinion, from one that came equipped with a "dumb stick":

While I support all the memes submitted so far - I like the chord that this one strikes. It speaks about level headed, responsible firearm ownership from a woman’s perspective, and the need for self defence. So, IMO, it ticks all the boxes and telegraphs the right message.

The ones showing a mother prepared to protect her child/children are also particularly effective.

I am less enthused by the ones where the subjects are holding what are clearly sporting firearms (MSRs and the like), and at the same time threaten violence. Getting more woman into sport shooting is great, and a valuable message in its own right, but (for example) saying that I will "use my tricked out AR to blow your balls to hell" does not do the cause much good.

Good luck with the competition – and a BIG THANK YOU to all that are putting effort into this and especially to those creating and submitting memes!!
    This is a 'cameo', in a thread about ... cameos (longer than memes and carefully composed to get a message across). The memes to which you refer are separate, and designed to be more punchy, more humorous.

There are two competitions (both sponsored with great prizes): A Cameo competition, and a Meme competition.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    This is a 'cameo', in a thread about ... cameos (longer than memes and carefully composed to get a message across). The memes to which you refer are separate, and designed to be more punchy, more humorous.

There are two competitions (both sponsored with great prizes): A Cameo competition, and a Meme competition.
    Thanks for the explanation, Paul