Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Article - Remove a gun from your home to save your life

New article on the front page of News24

http://www.w24.co.za/Wellness/Mind/r...-life-20161130

I like that part where it starts with
    A legal gun is used in 75% of cases in which a woman is shot and killed, and in 60% of cases this shooting occurs in her home.

But then much later says
    A woman is killed by an intimate partner every 8 hours in South Africa: 17% of these deaths are from a gunshot.

What about the other 83%, it then talks about how this woman was beaten with a stick and attacked over a long period of time by a clearly deranged person, and how she kept going back to him after he said he was sorry, but removing the gun that fixed everything, like seriously who writes this stuff.

User

Default Re: Article - Remove a gun from your home to save your life

Same old bullshitt article generated by GFSA regurgitated for the past 5 years that I am aware of. Medical funds, Insurance companies etc. send it out in their newsletters around this time of year. Coz an insurance company is qualified to dish out advise on how to manage your life right?
    Frankly I think anyone who takes "life advice" from an Insurance company or medical fund/pyramid scheme fund deserves to be abused and should be prevented from making a contribution to the gene pool.

User

Quite frankly, the gun is not the problem here... I believe the article should be rewritten and titled "Get psychological help or counselling".

I know the following will be rather rough, but let's chuck away all the nonsense and face the facts and be objective/logical here. In my opinion, if a woman might get concerned about her husband's/boyfriend's temper and the potential consequences it might have, then if they both love each other they would agree to go for counselling or get some psychological help. If neither can agree to such a solution, then that is where the marriage or relationship should be terminated. It is really absolutely pathetic for women to say "remove a gun from your house to save your life", while there is a much larger and more serious problem that will never be solved. That is, quite frankly, very ignorant and naive.

What will be next? Remove a knife from your house? A hammer...glass objects...get his hands cut off...etc...?

If a woman remains in an abusive relationship/marriage while knowing nothing works to change the situation (given that they actually made decent efforts trying), and harm is inflicted upon her but still she remains in the relationship/marriage, then she can blame only herself at the end of the day - not a gun (or anything else for that matter).

User

If they cared about abused women, they'd be complaining for shelters, social workers and employment and training programmes to make it feasible to leave.

User

Default Aaaand..... they're at it again.

A legal gun is used in 75% of cases in which a woman is shot and killed, and in 60% of cases this shooting occurs in her home.

User

Default Re: Aaaand..... they're at it again.

User

Default Remove a gun from your home to save your life

More thumb sucked stats

Yet again they blame guns and not the individual

User

Default Re: Remove a gun from your home to save your life

Sorry guys, I see it has been posted.

My bad

User

Default Re: Aaaand..... they're at it again.

Complete failure to apply logic in reaching the conclusion. These people live among us and are allowed to breed, frightening.

User

They are just milking the 16 days of activism thing. Expect more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast