Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default S17 & S18 applications - planning to get GOSA involved

Tomorrow marks the 90 days period for CFR to finalize my license applications. I have three Section 17 license applications that have been approved on 21/10/2016, but there seems to be some unexplained delay with printing my cards (not new news in anyway...).

Another one of my applications, a Section 18 application (private ammunition collector), has been in "consideration" since May last year and still had no more movement since then. When I applied for the above 3 Section 17 licenses, I also did a duplicate application for the Section 18 permit, but that seems to have gotten absolutely nowhere. This really boils my blood, since I have been waiting for this permit for more than a year.

This is why I am seriously planning to get GOSA involved in settling these two matters. I have very recently signed up for diamond membership and would like to make use of GOSA's services here. I know for certain the Section 18 permit issue is undoubtedly a matter which should be taken up with GOSA, but would the Section 17 licenses matter also be worthy for taking it up with GOSA at this stage? Or should I perhaps wait it out just a little more with those?

User

Default Re: S17 & S18 applications - planning to get GOSA involved

Fight the fuckers! Even if only for the greater good.

User

The longer you wait, the longer it takes to be resolved

I mentioned this to one of the NAACCSA committee members and he commented as follows –

• There is a well-established escalation procedure for S17 applications from members to associations, associations to NAACCSA, and NAACCSA to CFR / FLASH .

• Has this member followed the process, and if so where is it stuck ?

• Regarding S18 Ammunition Collector permits , the process is dysfunctional. All Associations were advised of the situation and were requested to forward outstanding applications to NAACCSA. There is a process on the go between NAACCSA and CFR / FLASH to get this back on track, which is making good progress. The previous cards issued were hand printed, and the system needs to be refined to be able to print permanent ones similar to licence cards. Agreement needed to be reached on what appeared on the permit and card following the last round of amendments.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    I mentioned this to one of the NAACCSA committee members and he commented as follows –

• There is a well-established escalation procedure for S17 applications from members to associations, associations to NAACCSA, and NAACCSA to CFR / FLASH .

• Has this member followed the process, and if so where is it stuck ?

• Regarding S18 Ammunition Collector permits , the process is dysfunctional. All Associations were advised of the situation and were requested to forward outstanding applications to NAACCSA. There is a process on the go between NAACCSA and CFR / FLASH to get this back on track, which is making good progress. The previous cards issued were hand printed, and the system needs to be refined to be able to print permanent ones similar to licence cards. Agreement needed to be reached on what appeared on the permit and card following the last round of amendments.
    Thanks for your reply, WZ.

I am very sure that I followed the correct process with the S17 applications, since they already have been approved. Since the NAACCSA committee member referred to a well-established escalation procedure, should I thus first take the issue up with the collector association that I am a member of before going the GOSA route?

Regarding the S18 application - should I thus also contact the association to forward it to the NAACCSA first before going the GOSA route as well?

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Thanks for your reply, WZ.

I am very sure that I followed the correct process with the S17 applications, since they already have been approved. Since the NAACCSA committee member referred to a well-established escalation procedure, should I thus first take the issue up with the collector association that I am a member of before going the GOSA route?

Regarding the S18 application - should I thus also contact the association to forward it to the NAACCSA first before going the GOSA route as well?
    Any advice on this? I am planning to escalate the matter today...

It seems to me to be clear that the suggestion is that you should speak to your collector's association as a first step towards resolution.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    It seems to me to be clear that the suggestion is that you should speak to your collector's association as a first step towards resolution.
    Thanks WZ. I will do so.

The whole license card thing is a mess at the moment. I ended up suing for mine. They then issued it very quickly.

Edit: I think on the S18 thing you're stuck until the system is sorted out. On the license card I don't see your association getting anything resolved either for what its worth. It's part of a much bigger issue with card delays generally.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 15-12-2016 at 11:09.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Herewith an update on the situation.

Oh happy day! I just got the call from the DFO that my license cards for the S17s are ready for collection! The funny thing is, I called CFR about two days ago and they said the system indicated that the cards aren't even printed yet! I have delayed a bit with getting GOSA involved, but in the meantime it seems that all has been sorted out by CFR on its own! What a miracle!

It also seems that the S18 application issue is part of a much bigger mess in general. As I understand, the collectors associations are currently handling the matter with CFR.

Does anyone perhaps have any details on what the actual issue at CFR is with the S18 apps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast