User

Default Digital Technology - credible?

Anyone bought from http://digitaltechnology.co.za/

Looking for reviews please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Digital Technology - credible?

A fellow shooter came across this site a while ago. He was pulled in by the cheap prices on the Vortex HD gen II. He was understandably a bit sceptical and insisted on viewing the product and the fun started.

You can only view products by appointment and they require a copy of your id to make such an appointment....

The address they gave is a liquor store....

If you google the persons name (he managed to get out of them) you get multiple scam alerts.

Try and get a physical address and I will happily go check if such a shop exists.

User

Thanks for the feedback.

Already tried for a physical address and turned down because they closed for the holidays, apparently. I think I'm going to give them a miss.

User

Googled the phone number. Get multiple hits for ads on junkmail. The name Adele pops up quite frequently.

Maybe some of the clever IT Gunsiters can chip in?

My friend reported the matter to the SAPS, but they were not very intetested. This is apparently only an "attempted" crime untill you actually get scammed. Then it is a real crime?

User

I would heed caution with this site.
    Domain has been registered in 2015 by a Rohann Prinsloo southafricalinkwebdesignsa@outlook.com
    Using some google fu for said individual, some interesting finds come up like this:
    Previous websiteS registered as 419 SCAM sites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=113998
    And there are many other domains said individual has registered and been flagged for.

User

Also the domains registered by said individual have different physical addresses that doesn't point to anything related (not residential nor the business itself)
    The most commonly used address is 145 Rivonia (right by RMB) the other is 1 Northumberland Road and Olievenhout Ave which is The TicketPro dome / Toyota.

User

Wasn't this company advertising on Guntree as some point?
    Afterwards I imagine seeing a member place a warning ad that people have already been scammed out of a few hundred thousand and a case is being compiled.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Googled the phone number. Get multiple hits for ads on junkmail. The name Adele pops up quite frequently.

Maybe some of the clever IT Gunsiters can chip in?

My friend reported the matter to the SAPS, but they were not very intetested. This is apparently only an "attempted" crime untill you actually get scammed. Then it is a real crime?
    Eish, then they should also not bother with "attempted murder"....

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    This is apparently only an "attempted" crime untill you actually get scammed. Then it is a real crime?
    Then I am afraid the police also don't the law.
    In South African law fraud is commonly defined as the unlawful and intentional making of a misrepresentation which causes actual prejudice or which is potentially prejudicial to another.

User

Thanks for all of the replies, appreciate it. Will stay away and warn others.