Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Takealot

User

Default Re: Takealot

Takealot's service is usually good; then I placed an order for Christmas gifts with them a month ago, on 26 November.

They let me know one item in the order would be delayed. They then revised that time shorter. Both estimated times passed, and I contacted them last week to have the rest of the order shipped without the item they were still waiting for, still being told it "should" be here before Christmas.

They eventually managed to deliver today.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Takealot's service is usually good; then I placed an order for Christmas gifts with them a month ago, on 26 November.

They let me know one item in the order would be delayed. They then revised that time shorter. Both estimated times passed, and I contacted them last week to have the rest of the order shipped without the item they were still waiting for, still being told it "should" be here before Christmas.

They eventually managed to deliver today.
    They're also reliant on their suppliers who promise them dates. I'm confident the way you feel, they also feel when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    They're also reliant on their suppliers who promise them dates. I'm confident the way you feel, they also feel when it happens.
    That's fine, but communication and split delivery are entirely under their control, and they failed spectacularly on those points.

User

Yeah they are quickly becoming just another drop shipping supplier with bad prices.

I bought a book from them for my son for Christmas. On the takealot website the price was R150 and it stated 'for filled by readers warehouse" I went to readers warehouse website and bought the book for R39

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

I use takealot quitealot, but my rule is only for things that are in stock. I very very seldom purchase items that are fulfilled by 3rd parties that use them. The in-stock takealot items are usually delivered next day (I'm local to them). I've had only good service from them. Note - not great service (like 480bc/tacqm), but good service.

User

The only time they've disappointed me was when I chose the express shipping option. Apart from that instance I can't complain.

As with anything you gotta do your homework on prices.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dux View Post
    I use takealot quitealot, but my rule is only for things that are in stock. I very very seldom purchase items that are fulfilled by 3rd parties that use them. The in-stock takealot items are usually delivered next day (I'm local to them). I've had only good service from them. Note - not great service (like 480bc/tacqm), but good service.
    This

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2