Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Thanks, is it possible in SA to get a 223 upper for the same gun as well?
    You'll likely need a different buffer / spring setup for the 2 calibres, but other than that, it's easy enough to swop over. I put a heavier buffer and spring in a .223 AR lower and both cycle perfectly with this setup. 300 blk should use an H2 or H3 buffer as far as I understand.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You'll likely need a different buffer / spring setup for the 2 calibres, but other than that, it's easy enough to swop over. I put a heavier buffer and spring in a .223 AR lower and both cycle perfectly with this setup. 300 blk should use an H2 or H3 buffer as far as I understand.
    H3 is pretty heavy a buffer. I wonder how that would work with subs? Then again it also depends on if the barrel is over gassed.

I have a H2 in my 5.56, and have a H1 waiting to go into my 300blk.

I can say though I shot one of Bellum Arcus 300blk (8" barrel) at the GOSA Festival of Bang show on Sat, and it had quite the strong recoil impulse, I was fairly shocked tbh, as it was much stronger than when I shot my 300 with a H2 buffer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    H3 is pretty heavy a buffer. I wonder how that would work with subs? Then again it also depends on if the barrel is over gassed.

I can say though I shot one of Bellum Arcus 300blk (8" barrel) at the GOSA Festival of Bang show on Sat, and it had quite the strong recoil impulse, I was fairly shocked tbh, as it was much stronger than when I shot my 300 with a H2 buffer.
    If you add a suppressor to the equation, without an adjustable gas block, how does that affect buffer choice then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    If you add a suppressor to the equation, without an adjustable gas block, how does that affect buffer choice then?
    Never thought of that TBH. The suppressor would definitely increase BCG velocity, but I don't know if it would be enough to warrant a buffer change?

I know the 300blk is designed to not need to change anything between supers and subs but we also know with our local propellants that is impossible to achieve.

It isn’t just bcg speed it affects, the buffer weight also changes the time the bolt unlocks. If you’re experiencing failure to extract and the rims are being ripped the cases then a heavier buffer would allow barrel pressure to drop lower before the bolt unlocks.

Uppers and lowers from different companies don't always fit. Far and away better to get a complete rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post

Mine's a 12.5" AAC upper, so it shouldn't be over gassed, but it is longer than some of the others around.

AAC recommend the following:

Use either the standard USGI M4 or the HK 416 spring. For buffers, select a 4.6 oz (130 gm) H2 or an HK-416 bufferthougha 5.5 oz (155 gm) H3 buffer may be a good choice if you don’t intend to shoot subsonic without a soundsuppressor or typically shoot supersonic ammo. Do not use a solid 9mm buffer as it may cause bolt bounce.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Then he's a shit shot, and shouldn't be blaming the tools he uses.

In the boiler-room a 210gn A-max (ie... absolutely NO chance of expansion whatsoever) leaves a large wound channel and gaping exit wound. The piggies go down very quickly.

With mono hollowpoints or the 180gn Peregrine bullets that achieve full expansion at 800fps the pigs just drop like they have been struck by lightning.
    Quite possible. I was not invited on the hunts, so can not vouch for his performance in the field.

What I can tell you is that he has already won 2 brand new rifles in shooting competitions.

Shot placement would be critical, and I suspect his placement let him down. I have no idea of the hunting conditions or sighting setup used. Shot placement on bushpigs is not easy, especially at night and with some foilage obscuring the porkers.

That is why I mentioned his experience with supersonic loads from the same rifle, and in the same conditions. I think that should be the real reference.

These new Perigine bullets seem to adress the issue. Does anyone know how they feed, function and expand from typical 300BLK SLR's?

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    If you use a Saimaa Still suppressor the gas blow back has a minimal effect. Hailstorm has a customer shooting 300BLK SBR with a SS suppressor and he reported that he has no gas issues or increased bolt speed problems. Imo you will also find no excessive suppressor induced gas fouling.
    Speed is important, but not at the sacrifice of accuracy, but being accurate needs to be fast enough.
    Jeff Gonzales - Trident Concepts

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.

"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for the law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
    Louis D Brandeis

User

^ I think that’s me Khumba,

Yes, running like a champ. No gas blow back at all and not one failure of any kind. Though I do only have 300 rounds through it so far, but everything looks promising.

Interestingly the BCM cycles the S&B subsonic suppressed and un-suppressed. Wasn’t sure if it was going to do the latter but it did, without having to change a thing.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast