Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

Those Ase Utra Suppresors works SO fine on these guns. Have one on my current setup.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Those Ase Utra Suppresors works SO fine on these guns. Have one on my current setup.
    Which one are you using? I am trying to get the 300 blackout version. It is a new product so none in the country yet!

Its the SL5-BL 7.62 with flash hider. Got it from Neville Koudstaal at Europticafrica about six months ago. It QA and QD interface with their own borelock flash hider / muzzle brakes. Thread pitch of your specification.

User

Its the SL5-BL 7.62 with flash hider.
    I see on their website that they recommend this suppressor only for bolt action rifles ?

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    I see on their website that they recommend this suppressor only for bolt action rifles ?
    Speak to Neville. That specific one was designed for 7.62 Nato Sniper rifles. But it works superbly for 300BLK semis. I suppose it will not be optimum for full auto 7.62 Nato though. It is just too small for that. But from my experience with fast semi auto use, both supersonic and subsonic, I have a good mind it will work well for full auto 300 BLK as well. In actual fact even the supersonic rounds are really quite as well. On the video you have to really concentrate to know the difference. Can really not see why one would want to add another 70mm and extra weight to the setup. It works beautifully. :)

User

Its the SL5-BL 7.62 with flash hider. Got it from Neville Koudstaal at Europticafrica about six months ago. It QA and QD interface with their own borelock flash hider / muzzle brakes. Thread pitch of your specification.
    Thanx, I am going there tomorrow!

User

Thanx, MTSS - are these Ase Utras user-serviceable, i.e. stripping, cleaning, etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Thanx, MTSS - are these Ase Utras user-serviceable, i.e. stripping, cleaning, etc. ?
    I have not studied the website but from the info in the user manual I get the idea that it is not one of those units that one unscrews yourself. They suggest spraying in solvents and rotating it and using high pressure air to get excess dirt out in the maintenance section. Although they do not specifically say not to unscrew the unit.

Personally I see no need or have a desire to strip it for now at least. :)

Website may share further info.

User

Default 300 Blackout bende

You don't need to clean rifle caliber suppressor. If you are shooting subs, just put a few supers through it every now and again and you will be good to go.

.22 suppressors are another story, because of the carbon build up. That carbon build up doesn't occur with rifle caliber's to the point that it needs to be cleaned. The pressure and heat generated from the likes of .223 and 300 Blk supers, is going to stop any excessive build up from happening.

You can't go wrong with Ase Utra, they are the best suppressors we have access to, and are on par with the best American brands.

O and to answer the original question, they don't unscrew or come apart, for the above mentioned reasons.

User

OK, thanks for the info, gents.

& to Chris8, thanks for pointing me to Hailstorm for the BCM

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast