Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I just search and hunt all over the show, and make calls if I'm looking for something specific. I know in Cape Town it's probably harder than up here but it's what I do.

AFAIK, Dave Sheer had some stock of the JP Enterprises Silent Buffer System. Me personally I'm a bigger fan of just buying a H3 Buffer and swapping out the weights to my desired "H" configuration.
    Thanx bud I will try DSG. Phoning around becomes a full time job unfortunately!

From what I see of the JP enterprises system is that the spring does not make contact with the wall of the buffer tube so eliminating harsh noises! If you usd the regular spring you can't avoid the noise?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Thanx bud I will try DSG. Phoning around becomes a full time job unfortunately!

From what I see of the JP enterprises system is that the spring does not make contact with the wall of the buffer tube so eliminating harsh noises! If you usd the regular spring you can't avoid the noise?
    Agreed, it does take time. Strangely I also use gunshops Facebook pages, they generally answer them way better than email, but a phone call is usually quicker. If you don't come right Bellum Arcus does the whole Brownells import thing, but be for warned it does take a long time to arrive.

Yeah, personally the spring sound doesn't bug me, but I know it drives many a person crazy.

Agreed, it does take time. Strangely I also use gunshops Facebook pages, they generally answer them way better than email, but a phone call is usually quicker. If you don't come right Bellum Arcus does the whole Brownells import thing, but be for warned it does take a long time to arrive.

Yeah, personally the spring sound doesn't bug me, but I know it drives many a person crazy.
    The sound of the spring immediately irritated me from the word go. Paul was standing next to me at the AR course we had when I made a remark about it and he suggested that I get me some motorcycle chain wax. It does not attract dirt or dust and is also a rust repellent. I got some from the hardware store (it comes in spray cans) and I gave the spring a liberal blast. Let it dry a bit and voila, problem solved.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    ... motorcycle chain wax.... problem solved.
    Good tip!

User

Gentlemen, who sells 300 BLK reloading dies, locally?

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    The only ones I found were the Lee dies, got Duayne from 480bc to order from the importer for me. That said from reading about them, they are fine for resizing but not forming the brass. I will try get a Hornady or Redding Sizing die in the future.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    I got a Hornady two die set from Guns and Bows! If they out of stock by now they will order bother Hornady and Lee dies!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I got a Hornady two die set from Guns and Bows! If they out of stock by now they will order bother Hornady and Lee dies!
    Got their contact details?

User

Got their contact details?
    http://www.gunsbows.co.za/#contact

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast