Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

OK, thanks for the feedback, gents .... so Danie informs me that Ase Utra do not make a Mounting Collar In 5/8”x24 thread size.

So will have to use the ASE BoreLock flash hider or muzzle brake:

yd4yTrI.jpg
    instead of the BCM Gunfighter Mod1 comp that is already fitted:

6XZY1PE.png

User

Yes, Danie asked me for the availability, but unfortunatelu the BoreLock mounting collar is currently manufactured only in 1/2"x28 UNEF.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Yes, Danie asked me for the availability, but unfortunatelu the BoreLock mounting collar is currently manufactured only in 1/2"x28 UNEF.
    Ok, thanks Tuukka

Please make sure that Danie's latest order can ship before 10 October, which is when his Finland export permit expires

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Ok, thanks Tuukka Please make sure that Danie's latest order can ship before 10 October, which is when his Finland export permit expires
    Hi Tuukka will anybody in South Africa be receiving stock of the 300 Blackout suppressor? StanCT Neville had stock of that muzzle device last time I was there, bout two months back!

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Gentlemen, who sells 300 BLK reloading dies, locally?
    So, Shooting Stuff seems well stocked with practically everything Dillon to convert and reload brass for 300 BLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Hi Tuukka will anybody in South Africa be receiving stock of the 300 Blackout suppressor? StanCT Neville had stock of that muzzle device last time I was there, bout two months back!
    Thanks WC. Yes, the plan is so ... the importer (Danie) has them on order from Ase Utra.
    There is just the question whether his special export permit will expire (10.10.2017) before the order is ready to ship.

Either way, it would still be quite a while before I could actually put rounds through it, since ETA for our BCMs is Jan/Feb + licencing.

User

Does anyone know if there are any 300blk case gauges available locally?

I've converted quite a few cases while I wait for the 300blk. All have been done with either Winchester or Federal cases, but with a Lee die which was the only die set available when I looked for dies (I see there are Hornady dies in country now).

Rather than buying a second set of dies if I don't need to, I would rather get a case gauge before as I would probably get one whether I need new dies or not.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any 300blk case gauges available locally?

I've converted quite a few cases while I wait for the 300blk. All have been done with either Winchester or Federal cases, but with a Lee die which was the only die set available when I looked for dies (I see there are Hornady dies in country now).

Rather than buying a second set of dies if I don't need to, I would rather get a case gauge before as I would probably get one whether I need new dies or not.
    I ordered a case gauge from Guns and Bows in Cape Town a while ago, they say arrival is imminent and it is Lyman. Hope that helps you! I have both Lee and Hornady dies. The advantage of the Hornady is decapping pins are easy and cheap to replace!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I ordered a case gauge from Guns and Bows in Cape Town a while ago, they say arrival is imminent and it is Lyman. Hope that helps you! I have both Lee and Hornady dies. The advantage of the Hornady is decapping pins are easy and cheap to replace!
    Have you tried to form any cases with the Lee dies? After my reading about them not being the best for forming cases, it has made me a little worried that they're not sized to spec.

I've formed about 1000 cases with a Lee die, dunno what you've read but I definitely don't have any issues.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Preacher View Post
    I've formed about 1000 cases with a Lee die, dunno what you've read but I definitely don't have any issues.
    Thats great to hear!

There are quite a few threads on 300blktalk where people have mentioned the Lee Dies not bumping the shoulder back enough.

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast