Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 300 Blackout bende

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I got a few of those Lee 230gr bullets that another 300blk shooter cast and Powder Coated. I loaded them to Subsonic velocities, and they ran ok. I haven't shot that many of them, as I feel the ones I had we a little undersized at .309.

I would like to get some more but size them to at least .310 maybe even .311. I think they would be more accurate. Subs aren't really what he uses his 300blks (yes plural) for, and I can't afford to shoot the Hornady 125gr bullets he does.

I'm hoping there is a decent 115gr mould somewhere, because there really isnt a great range of bullets available for higher volume shooting.
    Was that by any chance from our forum friend Mr Quicksilver_WP? :-)

Do you not think that sizing to .310 or .311 will be pushing pressures up a bit (too much)?

Have you slugged your barrel?

AFAIK, that particular mould does drop a bit on the small side and I don't think that bullet will size any larger.

I am currently developing subsonic loads with the NOE HTC310-225 RN, designed by YouTuber Full.Lead.Taco who is a great 300 BLK fan, and who's channel I enjoy. I did not have much success with the Lee TL 309-230-5R, for whatever reason, possibly because the bore-riding section of the bullet is a bit minimalist, for want of a better word.

The NOE 225 is designed specifically with powder coat or HiTek in mind and has a nice flat base.

I'll post results if they turn out promising.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Was that by any chance from our forum friend Mr Quicksilver_WP? :-)

Do you not think that sizing to .310 or .311 will be pushing pressures up a bit (too much)?

Have you slugged your barrel?

AFAIK, that particular mould does drop a bit on the small side and I don't think that bullet will size any larger.

I am currently developing subsonic loads with the NOE HTC310-225 RN, designed by YouTuber Full.Lead.Taco who is a great 300 BLK fan, and who's channel I enjoy. I did not have much success with the Lee TL 309-230-5R, for whatever reason, possibly because the bore-riding section of the bullet is a bit minimalist, for want of a better word.

The NOE 225 is designed specifically with powder coat or HiTek in mind and has a nice flat base.

I'll post results if they turn out promising.
    Nah, got them from the owner of Bellum Arcus. I'm not sure about the pressures but I would restart the development and they should be ok imo. I haven't slugged my barrel but everything I've put through it has been very accurate, from 78gr Lehigh CQB bullets, all the way to 220gr Sierra Matchkings.

I wonder if polishing out the mould for the lee would help, but yeah I think you are right about the short bearing surface being one of the causes of the "ok" accuracy with them. Unfortunately i'm not setup to cast, although I am heading in that direction with the cost of bullets.

I wouldn't mind buying a few of those NOE 225 bullets from you to try out. I'm always keen on experimenting with the 300blk.

What die are you using to bell the case mouth? I need to pickup something. I've been using a case chamfer tool and am reaming the mouth quite a bit and it seems to be working out ok, especially with the jacketed bullets but I'm pretty sure I'm shortening the case life.

User

OK, just remind me again, your rifle is that DD 10.3 Frankencarbine you previously posted a pic and specs earlier in this thread?

Where did you buy your 78gr Lehigh CQB bullets, and what do they cost? I like the look of them and would be interested to investigate loads.

I got some of those 190 grn Peregrine subsonic expanders that i still need to test, just trying to lay my hands on some CFE Pistol down here, because Peregrine have provided load data.

I tried polishing / lapping my Lee TL 309-230-5R mould out, but I think I may have made the cavity out-of-round.

How many of the NOE bullets would you be interested in? I'm still struggling to cast pretty bullets with this mould, because it seems that the longer the bullet, the more sensitive the mould appears to be to having the right temperature and alloy temp. combination. I'm currently getting 3 rejects out of 4, so not sure what I'm doing wrong (or doing right when I get good ones - it seems to be random). Will put up a seperate post to pick the more experienced casters' brains.

Flaring the case mouth just right is an absolute breeze with Lee's Universal neck expanding die, used in conjunction with NOE's precision expander plugs, which you fit in aforementioned die. I have a seperate Lee single stage press that I use purely for sizing bullets, or flaring cases.
    You get them in a variety of sizes and steps

User

Yep, that's the one.

I also got the bullets from Bellum Arcus, but be prepared to be sitting down when you get a price. They are hellish expensive, like 2k for 50 expensive, if not more now (assuming they still have any). They also had some of their fancy subsonic ones, but I passed as I wanted these for a SD type load.

I didn't know Peregrine had a 300blk bullet. That's pretty interesting, I have some CFE Pistol that I was planning on using for handgun, but I might have a look at their loads.

I wouldn't mind 10 - 20 just to do some load development on and see how they perform.

Thanks for the info rewgarding the dies / expander. I didn't even know these existed.

User

Was just looking at that load and comparing the burn rate between the CFE Pistol and Lil Gun.

CFE Pistol is quite a bit faster burning than Lil Gun (I didn't check S265, but I would hazard a guess it's also faster than it if I compare it S265 and Lil Gun Super Sonic Loads).

I loaded some Sierra 180gr Game Kings with 8.4gr Lil Gun to an OAL of 53.85mm. I didn't have the chrony but they were definitely Super Sonic with that combo, I will tweak that load probably seat the bullet shorter and drop the charge just a little but it's not a bullet I'm going to be investing time with. I just buy random .308 bullets when I see them somewhere and try them out... expensive though.

I would be a bit cautions of the Peregrine load, and maybe start a bit lower than their load.

User

I wouldn't mind 10 - 20 just to do some load development on
    I'll let you know. Would you want them coated, and sized?

I would be a bit cautious of the Peregrine load, and maybe start a bit lower than their load.

User

User

So by sheer dumb luck and good fortune, I will be joining the 300 Blackout brigade!
    From what I can gather, (since CFR is stopping it from being moved to my local gun store) it's the following:

Radical Arms upper 8.5inch 1:7 Twist
    Hybrid handguard with Picatinny upper, and Keymod
    DPMS Panther Lower
    JP Enterprises Trigger springs

I have already organised some Magpul MBUS Sights and a Vortex Crossfire Optic.
    Now just need to source some reloading components

User

.300 Blkout finally approved. What are subsonic ammo prices these days? Safari and outdoor has some Federal American eagle 220 grain for insane prices. Is there any S+B still around?

User

Default 300 Blackout bende

Suburban Arms has/had Fiocchi 110gr solid expanding copper Bullets which is coated. Not much info, but got the above infos from the kind product manager from Fiocchi. Used for hunting....check link below.

https://www.fiocchi.com/en/category/...0-aac-blackout

I like the S&B 200gr Subsonics as they are quiet, decently priced. Also the the subs have a blue mark on primer, to distinguish from the 147gr they have....

I don’t think any 200grs left in SA. Maybe 147gr...

Tactical Tim has the SIG subsonics but not the S&B prices...

Hope this helps...enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast