Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EDC & Speed

User

Default Re: EDC & Speed

The bad guy sets the tempo of the gunfight. - LAV

Why would you want to be anything other than faster and straighter shooting?

Banned

As far as I understand, nothing on this dear earth will prepare one finally for a real SHTF situation because we do not know how we will respond to a real life threat. Ask the troepies of the border war - it is astonishing to see who stays and who goes once the bullets start flying your way.

What paper and timers do is to prepare our subconscious with certain abilities which allow us to react in a lifesaving way.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    As far as I understand, nothing on this dear earth will prepare one finally for a real SHTF situation because we do not know how we will respond to a real life threat. Ask the troepies of the border war - it is astonishing to see who stays and who goes once the bullets start flying your way.

What paper and timers do is to prepare our subconscious with certain abilities which allow us to react in a lifesaving way.
    Training will prepare you. Both training your skills and you mindset.

Banned

Agree, but training will only prepare the one who is willing to stand. It is of no use training someone who does not want to stand. In this last case sport shooting won't help much. I know a middle aged, totally untrained woman who fought off multiple armed attackers after these had killed her husband. This is where the old saying about "the size of the fight in the dog is more important than the size of the dog in the fight" has its place.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Agree, but training will only prepare the one who is willing to stand. It is of no use training someone who does not want to stand. In this last case sport shooting won't help much. I know a middle aged, totally untrained woman who fought off multiple armed attackers after these had killed her husband. This is where the old saying about "the size of the fight in the dog is more important than the size of the dog in the fight" has its place.

I don't believe you're born with the ability or desire to fight.

So people may have more than others. But anyone can learn if they're willing to.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

The better these skills are wired into your subconscious the better your ability to perfom them while your conscious mind problem solved.
    This

Makes a measurable difference in problem solving and getting things done faster

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    As an addition.

Most people's SD marksmanship standards are a joke. Guys consider hits on the paper as acceptable and make up stories about " how that bullet hit his gall bladder and that one his kidney" as opposed to putting bullets where they need to go.
    This is a common annoyance for me.
    I see plenty of people content with making a fast loud noise and hitting jack shit or having a target with holes all over the place at 7m.
    Apart from poor placement being significantly less effective, some even miss completely without a thought as to where that round might end up in a real life situation.

User

Default EDC & Speed

Hitting the target acceptably at 7m is one thing, but doing so while moving or with weak hand adds another level on top of basic marksmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Paper targets and a timer are for sport shooting.

Sport shooting is not EDC training.

Everybody knows this.
    Jip, we should get into a gunfight to train, because "train like you fight" Right?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    Hitting the target acceptably at 7m is one thing, but doing so while moving or with weak hand adds another level on top of basic marksmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, yet as I say, so many are content with that low level of proficiency which is so much below the stuff which you mention.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast